The Soulmate Prophecy

"Has Tikki ever spoken to you about the soulmate prophecy?" Chat Noir asked, sitting on the rooftop and popping another macaron in his mouth. This one was coffee and a little too tangy for his taste. He grabbed the takeaway Boba cup beside him and used it to remove the lingering bitterness from his tongue, stopping him from doing something embarrassing like heaving over a macaron.

"Not a fan of that one kitty?" His partner said, popping one into her own mouth and wincing too.

Quickly, she grabbed a napkin and spat out the remains of the delicacy before swilling out her mouth with her own drink.

"I swear, they don't usually taste like that, Chaton."

He laughed before finding the orange coloured one he was always fond of. Passionfruit.

"So has she?" Chat Noir repeated, glancing at his partner and waiting for a response.

"Surprisingly, no! Care to explain."

"Well, apparently the Miraculous work on a soulmate-to-soulmate basis. Each Miraculous has a partner, an equal, and it just so happens you're mine." He wiggled his eyebrows at her, causing the masked heroine to smack his arm in response.

"Be serious, Chat Noir."

"I am," he laughed, hovering his fingers over the macarons before making his next choice.

"So, you're telling me, because we were chosen to wield these specific Miraculous', we're soulmates."

"I don't make the rules, Bugaboo."

"Well, you definitely don't follow them," she snorted, grabbing a macaron of her own and popping it into her mouth. Mmm... Strawberry.

He let out a low chuckle before taking another swig of his drink. "But in all seriousness, what do you think that means?"

"I think you're overthinking this. I mean, soulmates don't always have to be romantic you know, they can just be platonic. We get on well. We'd do anything for each other, but we're not in love," she laughed. "After all, I have a boyfriend and you have a girlfriend. Unless you're lying when you say you love her, I can't see us being anymore than just... this. Just friends."

Chat Noir nodded, before looking over to her. "I'm guessing the same can be said about your boyfriend."

"Definitely, I want to be with him for the rest of my life."

"That's good to hear," Chat Noir responded before pouting. She sighed as she looked at him. "Just say it," she said, glaring at him intently.

"There's nothing I want to say."

"Your face says differently."

They sat in silence for the moment, both looking at each other and thinking... well at least he was.

"Okay, hear me out," he suddenly said, causing Ladybug to almost jump off the rooftop. "What if this whole soulmate thing is real and you and I are destined to be together romantically?"

"Chaton, come on its —"

"Please let me finish," he interrupts. She nodded and motioned for him to continue.

"Okay, so the soulmate thing is real and we will be, or we are already together. How do you know I'm not your boyfriend?"

Ladybug snorted. "I think I'd know if I were dating you, you're not exactly inconspicuous."

"Hey! That offends me, deeply."

"But it's true. I'd be able to tell your level of extra anywhere."

Chat Noir pouted again and moved back onto his bottom. "You're kinda like my girlfriend, though. You're both amazing and humble, and have the most purrfect pink lips."