I Hate Accountability

Ryan POV

Mrs. Clover: and if you look into recent history you will see that it was actually Napoleon who said this." she said as we watched a documentary.

This week Mrs. Clover was having a movie week and instead of the movies actually being movies they were boring documentaries that she pulled from google.

On the bright side, she had all the desk and chairs removed from her room and placed giant bing bags and blankets for us to be comfortable in.

Senia and I were sharing one, after me and Maurice's dull conversation yesterday, I told her everything that happened.

He shut me down.

One moment we were about to rekindle something and the next he gets up and leaves.

His words about me coming to him and making the first move haunted me as I hated the boundary he placed between us. It was like the final line in the sand.

Coming to school today when I came onto campus everyone but him was outside in the parking lot waiting for me.

His car was in the parking lot but he was not, the boys were giving me a look of pity when they saw me looking for him.

When we came into class and he was already in here, hanging on a bing bag and scrolling on his phone.

He didn't even look up at me as I was the first one in, he ignored me as I sat down. When the boys came in he looked up and greeted them like he had not seen them earlier.

He was being an asshole again and honestly, I just didn't have time.

I picked my own bing bag by myself and Senia joined me making Dion and Reese share.

During the entire documentary the boys were talking to one another, laughing and being annoying as we sat in front of them.

I don't know why it was annoying today, they always messed around in class.

They always were class clowns so I didn't quite understand the irritation going through me right now.

Taking my thoughts away from them and their behavior I finally got back into the documentary when a piece of paper flew by my face.

It soared passed me and Senia, nearly hitting me and missing the trash can.

Senia: really Reese?" she sassed as he smirked when the boys laughed.

Maurice: shidd my bad Nia." he said only apologizing to her.

Senia: You almost hit Ryan." she whispered under the documentary.

Maurice: I said my bad Nia what else you want a nigga to say?" he taunted as I glared at him. Slicking his stare at me, he knew what he was doing and that slick ass smile on his face was boiling me by the second.

Rolling my eyes hard at him, I faced the front again as JJ instigated.

JJ: Damn, she ain't fuckin wit you today nigga." he teased.

Maurice: man ion give a fuck." he egged.

Maurice: she can have hea lil attitude." he said as they continued.

China: can you guys be quiet already." she whisper-yelled.

JJ: hush and pay attention girl." he taunted as she glared.

Climbing off the bing bag with Nique, she crawled over to him, engaging in their childish play as Mrs. Clover was picking up on it now.

Jania: alright you guys enough." she warned.