Chapter 11

A/N: Holy shit we're already at 700 views! That makes me so happy, thank you guys so much! <3

"What happened..." Theo asked in shock, having arrived at the church expecting to see a bubbly Liam, instead he found the boy sobbing hysterically. "Liam, talk to me" he said trying to comfort him but Liam wasn't having a bar of it.

"No! Get away from me" Liam cried, pushing Theo away from him and ignoring the gasps of the towns people watching them. "I need to, oh god I'm going to be sick" Liam said gasping for air, feeling his stomach twist in knots.

Theo knew this town would gossip, even if Liam was vulnerable that wouldn't stop them from running their mouths. "Go, get out" Theo said shoving Liam towards the youth room which was currently empty, "talk to me".

"My father, he's in hospital" Liam choked out, a hand pressed over his heart as it raced uncontrollably. "The hospital called me and-" he sobbed, feeling his body shake. Theo placed a hand on either side of the panicked boy, trying his best to comfort him.

"Take a deep breath" Theo said calmly, watching as Liam tried to "good job, do it again" he soothed. Running a gentle hand through Liam's hair, not caring if anyone saw them right now. Liam calming down was more important than someone spreading rumours about them, "one more" Theo said.

"They think his brakes malfunctioned?" Liam said confused, his watery blue eyes meeting Theo's. "I don't understand why this is happening..." he sobbed, leaning closer allowing Theo to hold him close.

Liam looked up to see someone in the door way watching them, he couldn't make out who it was. "Hey!" he snapped, weaselling out of Theo's grip and rushing forward but he wasn't quick enough.

"Liam" Theo said chasing after him, not having witnessed what Liam saw. His back had been turned to the door, "what's wrong? What did you see?" he asked concerned, not wanting to leave Liam alone.

"I swear... I thought I saw someone" he said, although his voice was filled with uncertainty. "I need to go to the hospital" Liam said with shaky hands, "I need to make sure he's okay". The man might not be the best father, but Liam still loved him and respected him.

"Do you need a lift?" Theo asked, although he didn't have his own car, he knew his mother would happily take him. Liam nodded, "I guess I do" he said realising his dad had the car so he couldn't use it, plus it was probably totalled.

"Come on, I'll ask my mum" Theo replied, his finger interlocking with Liam's as he led him through the crowd of curious eyes staring at them, "not now Lahey" Theo said when Isaac tried to stop them.

Isaac glared at him, "you're making a big mistake Theo, I warned you" Isaac said giving him a feral look. Liam stared between the pair confused, last he knew they were friends? Why were they suddenly fighting and arguing now?

On any other day Theo would question him, but not right now and not when Liam needed him. "We can talk later" Theo said before turning and leading himself and Liam out the door, "mum" he called out.

Her head turned and she immediately saw Liam's face, "oh sweetie, what's wrong" she asked wrapping her arms around the frightened boy. "Theo, what happened?" she asked, her fingers intertwined with Liam's hair.

"His dad, he's in hospital" Theo said, "can we take him to hospital?" his mother nodded the moment he asked, "thank you" he said rushing to get into the back seat only for Liam to follow him.

"Please don't leave me" Liam sobbed, clinging to his shirt. Theo's heart ached for him, he opened the door and nudged Liam to get into the back and once he did, Theo slid in beside him. "I'm sorry" Liam sniffled.