Chapter 6

A/N: Whooooo I love this book so much! Anyways, above is Theo's mood/aesthetic board <3

A/N: This specific chapter contains 'God slander' so if you're religious and will take offence to this please skip it! Warnings are placed in the original summary for this book <3

The service began and Liam stood up, his eyes on his father as he spoke. Today's topic was the original story of Adam and Eve, the two first people god had created.˙

Liam showed his interest by remaining silent, but truthfully his mind was elsewhere. Theo was stood by his side, he had actually helped at today's service which had surprised the younger boy.

Liam had brushed it off as Theo's way of paying him back for getting them out of trouble, the service felt even longer than normal today. The words 'gay' and 'sinner' were used in the same sentence.

"Adam and Steve" Theo whispered; Liam had to bit his tongue from laughing. He would surely be punished if his father thought he was making a mockery of this talk, especially after the magazines he had found under his bed.

More specifically the gender of person that had been on said magazines. Liam wasn't straight, he knew that. But he wasn't gay, he didn't care about a person's genitals. It didn't bother him if he were to be with a man or a woman, but he knew his father would crucify him... literally.

He had managed to convince his dad he was only looking at the boxer briefs for himself, not to look at the man on the cover. His dad hadn't bought it, but instead reminded him what a sin it was for a 'man to love boy'.

Yes, a boy. Liam would never love a boy, he would love a man. Liam had always assumed that section had been referring to a man loving a boy, an older man and a younger boy. Paedophilia.

Not about being gay, if God loved all his children why would he discriminate against those who loved the same sex? That is why Liam found it hard to believe in a God, if God was real, he was not doing a good job.

Good people got hurt, they got illnesses and they got sick. Good people who didn't deserve that, good people who followed by his 'rules' and were punished. Liam didn't believe he was real; Liam was an atheist.

The service finally commenced and people as usual were flooding to the Preacher, to his father. Except for Theo, he remained by Liam's side. "Thanks for helping earlier, I appreciate it" Liam said.

Theo nodded, his black nail polish catching Liam's eye. Isn't that for girls? "I kind of owed you one" Theo smirked before checking his phone, a text from his mother showing on the screen.

He let out an obvious groan which caught Liam's attention, "what?" Liam asked, his curiosity getting the better of him. Theo's shoulders slouched as he shoved his phone back into his pocket.

"History test came back and shocker, I failed" he hissed, "go ahead laugh, I don't care" he immediately added, not wanting to show his vulnerability.

"I could help?" Liam suggested, "with history uh, I'm actually pretty good at it". His blue eyes scanned Theo's body, watching the way Theo's hands relaxed at the offer and the sigh that escaped.

"Uh, sure" Theo said, eyeing Liam cautiously. "I have to go back and re-take the stupid test tomorrow though" he added.

"Come over" Liam replied eagerly, "if you want to, my dad wont mind... I can ask him" Liam rambled. Theo smiled, his dark hair falling in his hair as he bowed his head down.

"I'll ask him" Liam said, turning to see the heard of people was now only two. He knew better then to interrupt him, 'speak when spoken to' 'wait your turn' 'a child shouldn't voice their opinion'.