Chapter 15

Brielle Alexandrienne Creighton

I was leaning against the wall here inside my Uncle's office. Arms crossed and my expression stoic.

The room was filled with an air of seriousness, as Uncle looking at me with a stern expression.

"Why did you get yourself into a fight with that notorious group of bullies, Brielle?"

So he knows. Surely Dean told him. It's been a week since that fight happened.

My eyes narrowed, gaze cold and distant.

"Because they deserved it."

I replied flatly.

He sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair.

"Brielle, you know better than to resort to violence. We have always emphasized the importance of intellect and reason in this family. How could you let yourself get caught up in such a petty altercation?"

"They asked for it."

"Alam mo bang muntikan ng malumpo yung ibang kasamahan nila? Fractured yung mga buto. Yung anak ni Mr. Chua ay naging bungi ng wala sa oras. At hanggang ngayon hindi pa nagigising."

"Why are you telling me this? Its as if I care about them."

"Juskong bata ka. Pano kung sa di inaaasahang pagkakataon ay may mas malalang nangyari? Pano kung napahamak ka?"

"That's never going to happen."

"Pano ka nakakasiguro? Alam mo ba na hindi malabong balikan ka nila dahil sa ginawa mo."

"I know, let them be. If they think that they can scare me, then they're out of their mind."

"Brielle naman eh. Kung ano man ang binabalak mo, itigil mo na yan."

"I won't."

Not until I've been able to accomplish the plan I prepared for them.

"Tatanda ako agad ng wala sa oras dahil sa pinaggagawa mo."

"It's because you don't know what they do inside the Academy. Their group has been tormenting the students relentlessly for so long. The teachers do nothing, the students are afraid to confront him, and someone needed to take a stand. So, I did."

"What!? Bakit hindi ko yan nakikita sa mga reports na sina-submit sakin? And wait, does that mean na nag-aalala ka sa mga estudyanteng hinahamak nila? Am I right?"

"No. Don't get the wrong idea. I am doing this for the sake of the Academy and it's reputation. Not for the sake of other people."

"Brielle, I understand that it must be difficult, but responding with violence is not the answer. There are other ways to deal with these situations."

I scoffed, my voice dripping with bitterness.

"Oh? Like what, Uncle? Tell the teachers? They turn a blind eye. Inform the Dean? Zach's family has connections. Their victims  tried talking it out, reasoning, but nothing worked."

"That's why you're standing up for them because no one else will."

"Don't talk nonsense, Uncle."

"Oh, Brielle. Sige lang mag deny ka pa. Kunyari naniniwala ako."

"Tsk."

"But still, I can't condone this kind of behavior, Brielle. Responding with violence only perpetuates a cycle of negativity."

My jaw clenched, fists tightening.

"I've heard enough. I won't stand here and be told how to handle my own battles. If you won't understand, then I don't need your approval."