Chapter 1: The Rose-Red Tyrant, Act 9

How's your day going? I would like to mention that I might get busier soon since my 2nd quarter of school is starting and the dismissal times for every week were enough to make me want to stick my head in an ice-cold bucket for a long time :} Hehe... I love my life :'D
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just as Sebastian suggested, he and Deuce went back to the store to buy another batch of eggs. Sam was concerned when he saw Deuce all bruised up and the butler explained what happened, to which Sam nodded as he went to grab the first aid.

Once Deuce was properly aided, Sebastian insisted on carrying most of the bags for the both of them since Sam advised not to let Deuce carry too much weight while his bruises healed.

Meanwhile, the said freshman was trying to act tough again despite what Sam instructed and offered to carry the bags but Sebastian didn't budge. Deuce ended up letting the butler be as they walked out of the shop.

-School Interior, Kitchen-

Finally returning with the group, Sebastian placed the bags on the counter while Deuce went to sit down on a chair to rest "Ah, you're finally back! Took ya long enough", Ace remarked as he took notice of Deuce's bandages, he rose a brow at Sebastian that conveyed "What the hell happened?".

Sebastian waved him off then mouthed "Later" as the butler's eyes darted between Trey and Ace. The freshman just nodded in comprehension as they focused back on the task at hand "Let's get this tart-y started!", Trey exclaimed while sliding in a pun. Sebastian and Ace just cringed at the upperclassman...

~~~

After a couple of minutes of extensive labor "Okay, now we just sprinkle on a little powdered sugar, and...", Trey uttered as the group added the final touches to the tart "Finished!", Ace and Grim cheered in sync as a wave of relief washes over them.

"Fin...ished...", Deuce muttered in a dejected tone as he was still trying to gather his thoughts, this behavior piqued Ace's curiosity more "Did something happen to him while you were shopping?", Ace asked the butler.

"Let's just say he... Came across a revelation", Sebastian vaguely answered as he eyed the downcasted student "For sixteen years, I was so sure...", Deuce began to mutter as Sebastian tried to suppress his chuckles...

"Yeah, whatever. I'm pretty beat, making tarts sure takes it outta you", Ace dismissed as he started to soothe his aching arms "Hmm, for a bunch of novices at baking, the output is decent enough", Sebastian remarked as he inspected the tart and complimented the freshmen.

The freshmen trio gave the butler a thankful smile at the praise and just in time, another familiar junior arrived at the kitchen "Hey fam! You look wrecked. Are the tarts done? Ooh, those look sooo cute!", Cater chimes in and caught sight of the freshly baked tart on the counter.

"Lemme snap a quick pic for Magicam!", Cater said as he pulled out his phone and positioned his camera to get the perfect angle for the shot, Sebastian got curious about how such devices worked, so he leaned a little closer to observe.

"What, NOW you decide to show up?", Ace complained to the upbeat junior, Cater got his preferred shot and Sebastian was satisfied since he understood that it works like a camera. "I just came to see how hard my little newbs were working", Cater replied as he posted the picture to Magicam while referring to the freshmen. (▶: "Sebastian rn 🕴 wdym newbs-")

"It's tough work if you're not used to it, but there's no better cure for the ails of fatigue than something sweet from the oven! Help yourself to some of this tart", Trey brought up as he went to grab the pastry knife and forks for the group.

The group was eager to taste their work and each readied a dessert plate for their portions "Pretty funny how you managed to show right when it was ready to eat, Cater", Ace mentioned with slight suspicion at the junior "Heh heh. Someone's gotta be the official taster!", Cater lively replied.