Chapter 1: The Rose-Red Tyrant, Act 8

Okay, should Deuce let his curiosity consume him or should he take a different approach? I would like to hear your thoughts. Also, what duo name do you want to call Sebastian and Ciel in this book? Can you guess who's gonna be with our Victorian duo? :}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Back to Sebastian's perspective~

-Main Street-

Deuce stayed glued to his spot as he kept his eyes that were growing with fear on Sebastian "Now, let's finish this errand before sundown. For now, I think it's best to keep things neutral between us. Wouldn't want to cause a stir, no?", Sebastian casually uttered as he continues his way to the school store, seeming to be implying an underlying intent to keep Deuce quiet about the gruesome information.

Sebastian might consider keeping watch on Deuce 24/7, just to be sure. Maybe even making an effort on certain methods to be thorough in keeping Deuce's mouth shut, the last thing he wants to deal with is a headache with the authorities or rumors that can spread like wildfire. (▶: New stalker detected?-")

"... U-Um... Fine... Besides, I can't just bail out on this task from Trey", Deuce reluctantly replied as he shook his head, he caught up to Sebastian but kept a certain distance between them "There is nothing to be afraid of. I don't bite", Sebastian reassured but it didn't convince Deuce, the male kept silent as the two of them arrived at the store.

-Mister S's Mystery Shop-

Entering inside, the two freshmen looked around with curiosity "Hello, can I get some he- Whoa... This shop is wild. They have crystal skulls, grimoires, taxidermied... Uh, I don't even know what animal that is", Deuce commented as he looked around the shelves that were filled with all kinds of things.

Sebastian looked around for himself and noticed a few items displayed that resembled trinkets from the Victorian era. "Greetings, my stray imps, how fare you today? Welcome to Mr. Sam's Mystery Shop", the shopkeeper, now known as Sam, introduced himself and greeted the two students from behind the counter.

Sebastian raised a brow at the greeting since he knew that an imp meant something similar to his kind... He shook his head in dismissal and concluded that he might just be overthinking it. Humans tend to have... Unique ways of introducing themselves to others...

"What among my humble selections interests you? A charm from a secluded land? The mummified remains of an ancient king? A cursed tarot card?", Sam inquired with energy as he showcased his wares while Deuce and Sebastian walked up to the counter to buy their needed items.

"Um, we wanted to buy all the items on this list...", Deuce replied as he handed the list from Trey to Sam "And I'll be buying these. If it's no problem, can we have the items placed in a student loan?", Sebastian added as he gave the list that contained the school essentials for him and Ciel.

"What's this? Cream and eggs and... Quite the sacchariferous list! And this list has quite the amount of school supplies, I'm guessing it's for two?", Sam remarked then queried Sebastian, the butler answered with a nod.

"Alright, I'll get everything for you", Sam said as goes to check the inventory for the listed items. Meanwhile, Deuce stood beside Sebastian in awkward silence and occasionally made quick glances at the taller male, still wary around the butler.

"So... You and Ciel... You guys don't just get rid of people without reason, right?..", Deuce hesitantly started, a part of him wanted to put the benefit of the doubt but he saw for himself how Sebastian acted the entire time when he was around. The events from the mines, rose maze, cafeteria, and how he acts around Ciel came rushing back into his head.

He subtly clenched his hands until Sebastian gave him a pat on the shoulder, which caused him to tense up "That is correct. Back in our world, it was killed or be killed, there wasn't really a choice. However, since my master and I are now stuck here, I don't seem to find a reason to do such a thing anymore", Sebastian replied.