Chapter Fifteen - A Challenge

"What are you sneaking out doing?" Jean asked as he sat in front of Kenna. Kenna looked up and saw that Jean was flanked by Connie, Sasha, and Armin.

"I have no idea what you are talking about?" Kenna asked as she closed her sketchbook.

"Yeah you do," Sasha said. "Mikasa and I have seen you leaving your bed in the middle of the night. You did it last night."

"By the walls," Kenna rolled her eyes.

"So you are sneaking out," Jean said. "What do you do on your late night strolls?"

"Why do you care, Jean?" Kenna asked. "Worried that I'm going to kick your ass when it comes to ODM training?"

"Look, you constantly sneak out and don't get shit from Shadis," Jean scowled. "What are you doing?"

Kenna looked at Armin, "Why are you here in the madness?"

"I want to see if my theory is right," Armin said.

"Fair enough," Kenna shrugged. She looked at Jean. "If that's important for you to know, I go running every night for hours on end."

"No you don't," Jean said.

"That would mean you're running like half the day for like every day," Connie said.

"Yeah, you'd like pass out from exhaustion every day," Sasha said.

Kenna looked at Armin, "How right was your theory?"

"Pretty right," Armin said.

"There's no way you can do that every single night," Jean said. "It's like Sasha said, you'd pass out from exhaustion."

"You calling me a liar," Kenna said with a raised eyebrow.

"I say you're exaggerating," Jean said. "In fact, I bet you drop after what our usual runs are."

Kenna bit the inside of her lip, "You'd be disappointed."

"Would I though," Jean said. "I'm sure that I could beat you without breaking a sweat."

"Jean, I wouldn't do that," Armin said.

"It's fine," Jean said. He had a shit-eating grin on his face. "I'm sure she won't do anything about it."

"Oh really," Kenna leaned back in her chair.

"Yeah," Jean said. "I bet that anyone here could be you."

"Well if you're so sure, put your money where your mouth is," Kenna said. "In fact, tell anyone that they can join in on our little bet. I know that I can beat anyone here." Kenna stared down Jean. "And when I win, you and anyone who participates can't interrupt my drawing time for three months."

"And what do I get when I win?" Jean asked.

"What do you want?" Kenna asked with a raised eyebrow. "A kiss."

"Yeah," Jean said as he crossed his arms. "I think a kiss would do just fine."

"Fine," Kenna said. "Spread the word. Let anyone who wants to join, join. Tell them we'll meet by the field at first light. We run around and we keep running around it until there's only one person left standing."

"You're on," Jean said with a smirk as he started to walk away with Connie and Sasha.

"You actually got her to do it," Connie laughed.

"You really think you're going to be able to beat him and anyone else who decides to take up the challenge?" Armin asked.

"I wouldn't have agreed if I thought I would lose," Kenna said.