8

Miranda opened her eyes to a vibration sound. Ben was curled into her side. She moved his arm carefully and slid off the couch.

Her legs shook as she stood and she paused for a moment until her muscles relaxed. Grabbing her clothes quickly she threw them on. She slid her feet into her shoes and looked for her purse. Grabbing her phone. She saw the two missed calls from Calvin.

"Shit," she whispered sighing.

Miranda left out of the house and took a deep breath. Inside the car, she backed out of the driveway.

Her heart was racing from what she had done. She had to stop past the hospital and take a shower there. Not wanting to go home like this. Glad she kept spare clothes because her skirt was wrinkled from being hiked up on her stomach.

"Shit, shit, shit," she stressed. The guilt was starting to set in. She knew she would feel even more guilty once she got home and looked into her financé's face.

But God, Ben still had it. He was right. It had to feel like just yesterday to him because he fucked her like they were in 2012, 13, 14, or 15. But now it was 2020 and she was with someone else. Who did not fuck her like that.

Calvin was great but he was not outstanding. She didn't know how to explain the difference without recognizing that the difference was the depth of love.

"Hey Bailey," Richard said after knocking on the door.

"Hey," Miranda said shakily as she put her coat on.

"I'm surprised you're still here. Jo said that she was looking for you but you were gone. She said you had to get your fistula paperwork."

"Uh yeah, I went to Ben's house to get it from there."

"Bailey, you didn't?" He gasped.

"Did what?" She asked.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about,"

"Okay, yeah I did but I feel so horrible. What would you do, you know about this."

"What exactly are you implying."

"Let's not act like your love child Maggie did not waltz through this hospital years ago."

"Okay, and."

"Should I tell him?"

"Uh, I don't know. I mean honestly is probably best."

"Uh men, I need to talk to a woman who's done this," she waved off.

"Sorry, I couldn't be of any more help."

"It's fine, I got to get home. I think I'm going to tell him."

Miranda walked through the door of their house and set her purse down.

"Hey, I was calling you,"

"I'm sorry I was going to call you back but then I was already on the way home."

"Oh, you got caught up in a surgery?" He asked sitting her plate down on the dining room table.

Miranda felt so bad. Her heart was slamming against her chest. "Uh no, I had a surgery earlier but then I had this patient who had a colonic fistula and all my research and articles were at my old house in my file cabinet so I went there." She stumbled and looked at his pause as he turned to look at her. She knew he could see it all over her.

"Ben and I kissed," she omitted the truth.

"You what?"He gritted.

"We kissed." She said again."It was-