Vol. 3, Chapter 8- Mock Battles (Part 1)

The midday sun cast a warm glow through the classroom windows as Denki, with a tired stretch and a yawn that seemed to come from deep within, mumbled, "Haa!" Heavy with drowsiness, his eyes scanned the room as he wondered aloud, "I wonder what we would be doing next."

In his chair at his cluttered desk, Denki's mind was still in a half-asleep haze. The remnants of Lunch Rush's culinary creations lingered in his stomach, inducing a comforting lethargy after the hearty meal.

His EM radar, buzzed with a peculiar sensation, alerting him to something incoming. Swiftly, he reached out without looking and effortlessly caught the object hurtling toward him-a neatly folded paper plane.

Turning his attention to the source of the airborne surprise, Denki locked eyes with Shoto, whose lips formed silent words: "Open it."

Intrigued, Denki focused his attention back on the paper plane, fingers deftly unfolding the message contained within.

His eyes skimmed the handwritten words on the page, revealing an unexpected proposal: "Denki, wanna go on a date? There's a new café that sells Cold Soba."

Perplexed, Denki's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. 'Another café?' he thought, his mind momentarily distracted from his lingering drowsiness. 'Didn't we just go to a new café yesterday?'

A warm smile curled upon Denki's lips, a genuine expression of appreciation for the effort Shoto was putting into their relationship. 'At least he's trying in our relationship,' he thought, the realization bringing a soft glow to his tired eyes.

Acknowledging Shoto's gesture, Denki turned to Shoto's direction, his drowsiness momentarily forgotten. With a subtle but meaningful gesture, he raised his hand and gave Shoto a thumbs-up, silently conveying his acceptance and enthusiasm for the proposed date.

Shoto's lips curved into a soft, contented smile, his eyes reflecting a sense of genuine happiness at Denki's acceptance.

All of a sudden, Denki, with his EM radar, sensed something coming towards the door at high speeds.

'Is that All Might?' Denki pondered, his curiosity piqued.

Before he could fully grasp the idea, the door burst open dramatically. All Might, the symbol of heroism, thundered in, his presence filling the room. He declared, "COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A NORMAL PERSON!!!"

'Ah, there he is.' Denki thought.

"It's really All Might!"

"Wow, amazing!"

"I can't believe he is teaching us this year."

Denki wouldn't lie. Having the #1 Hero as a teacher was exciting. He had more experience fighting crime than almost everybody in the world and his advice would surely be helpful.

At the same time, Denki knew his true reasons for being here. Midoryia's quirk had been passed down to him by All Might, and furthermore, he had been trained by him. Surely one of his reasons for being here was to oversee his progression.

"Hero Basic Training, the class that will mold you into top-class heroes! There is no time to waste! Your activity for today will be BATTLE TRAINING!!" All Might said.

With a confident gesture towards the wall, multiple ports with numbers on them slid out of the wall. "But one of the keys to being a hero is your costume! These were made based on your quirk registration forms and the requests you sent in before school started. Get yourself suited up and meet me in Training Ground Beta!"

"YEAH!" Everyone except Denki and Shoto shouted.

"Change quickly and come to ground Beta!!"

====================