A Royal Pain

Korea was peacefully sleeping on a hammock he made out of vines, Russia was next to him poking his shoulder to wake the snoozing dragon up. "Ugh, is he still sleeping?" Mongolia grumbles, they've been trying to rouse Korea for the past half an hour. "GET UP YOU LAZY BUFFOON!" He forcefully kicks the bed causing it to spin around upside down. "AH!" Korea shrieked falling down and finally waking from his wonderful dream.

"Uhh... what a great way to start the morning..." He rubs his head and glares at Mongolia. "You're quite the heavy slumber, did I interrupt your beauty sleep?" He states in a mocking manner. "As a matter of fact, yes, you did; it was the best I had in a long time." He stretches his body, wings, and tail. Mongolia rolls his eyes and packs his accessories into his backpack. 

"Since we agreed to aid each other, it's only fair you bear half the luggage I'm carrying; here you go," he handed him a bag full of supplies, and Korea laughed as if that was the funniest thing he had ever heard. "No no no, I never agreed to carry things for you, that was not a part of our contract."

"We didn't sign any treaties, make yourself useful and hold this!" Mongolia shoves the bag into his stubborn arms. "Grrr..." As much as he wanted to argue he didn't feel like he was going to win it. "*Sigh* Fine, I'll offer my helping hand, only if I get repaid for my kindness." 

"Virtue is its own reward, Korea, let's go," he and Russia continued ahead, Korea grumbled at what he believed was "iniquity", stalling behind he looked back to the days when he didn't have to do anything. "Where are we going?" He peeks over Mongolia's shoulder to take a glimpse of the map. "We're heading East, it's the fastest route to return the little one to his home." Korea's body quivered, and he dashed toward Mongolia to block his way. "We can't go there!"

"What do you mean?"

"The reason why I'm here is because I'm running from the East region! I'm being hunted, remember?! I don't want to go back! I can't! Please don't make me!" Korea knelt and wrapped his hands around Mongolia's legs. "Ugh, get off!" He trudged out of his grasp, confused by his alarmed behavior he gave a moderate slap across his face, "Snap out of it! You're acting paranoid! I'm sure we'll be fine, just use your concealment trait to fit in, they won't recognize you."

"Even if I remove my dragon features, they know what I look like without it!" Korea's tail, horn, and wings were retracted into his flesh until they were no longer visible. "Woah... That's... captivating." It impresses him every time. Korea looked more human now, it resembled how Russia metamorphosed in front of him that one time. "That doesn't disturb you, does it?" 

"It's a little discomforting, but I got used to the feeling, it rarely bothers me anymore..." Mongolia rubs his chin for a moment, "Look, if it makes you feel better you can wear my hooded cape," Unbuttoning the neck collar, he takes off the dark blue clothing that was protecting him from sunlight. "You're... giving me this?"

"Well... Yeah, I don't think I have any more use for it," Observing the handout for a few seconds, he hesitantly accepts his gift. He puts on the cape and the hood over his head, "Oh, it's snug, I like it!" The fabric was made from silk, making it more comfortable for his tastes. Korea nuzzled his cheek to the cape as Mongolia furrows his brows, "I think you like it too much... but, Whatever."

The feeling reminded Korea of his home, how he would sleep on his old bed. The warm sheet covering his figure, Russia looks behind him to see the guy still sinking his face into the textile, his pupils suddenly go vertical when he depicts an unfamiliar scent, "*Sniff Sniff* Hm, This... doesn't smell like you."

That made him stop in his tracks. How curious, a dragon was able to detect the strange aroma coming from the robe. "Cheeky, aren't ya? No, it wasn't mine to begin with, but I kept it for memories..." His eyes trail to the bottom right.