Ancestry!

The evening sky was becoming dim as the stars began to illuminate and become more visual. Russia's eyes wandered with astonishment to see a few lantern lights along with candles lit the street. He saw a few writings that seemed scrambled and out of position, he tugged on Mongolia's sleeve, "Hey, Mongolia, what language is that?" 

"That? Ah... It's Ханз, a type of Chinese, or Mandarin, I don't know." he didn't seem pleased to see it, "How come you didn't teach me... Hanz?" Russia asked him. "Trust me, you're better off without it, it's useless, not worth your time, not worth anyone's," Mongolia shook his head in belittlement. "Oh... Can you read it though?" 

Mongolia's cheeks slowly turned red as he scratched the back of his head, "Well... I can, that's the only way I get around. B-But enough about that, let's find that hotel to sleep in." He grabbed Russia's hand and resumed their search.

Russia found the economic system of mankind intriguing, they differ too far from how the dragon's lived. They have civilization, unique environment, literacy, organizations, and structure, if only he was born as a human... How happy he could be to live a normal life.

...

"Russia, are you listening to me?" Russia shook his head and returned to reality, he didn't realize Mongolia was speaking to him. "What? Huh?" Mongolia raised an eyebrow, "I said I found the perfect place to spend the night... Are you feeling alright? Are you experiencing culture shock?"

"...Maybe just a little," Mongolia patted his head in reassurance, "Hey, it's gonna be fine, I know you're witnessing a lot of things, but you're a fast learner! You'll get used to it in no time." Russia smiled at him, "You really think so?" Mongolia nodded his head, "I know so. Now let's go inside."

The inside of the hotel was, luxurious, that is to say for Russia, Mongolia found it unimpressive, it lacked tradition and patterns. The clerk gave a warm smile; it turned into a nervous one as soon as she saw Mongolia's intimidating posture. "H-Hello, welcome to the city center hotel, h-how can I help you?"

"I'd like to book a room... please," Her anxiousness was gone when she heard the word, please. "Sure, how long will you two be staying?" He thought for a while, "2 days." 

"Terrific! You can stay in room №19, payments can be done after your duration of stay ends." She handed him the room key. "Come along, Russia," he followed behind him. "№17, №18, Number 19, this is our room." He inserted the key and the door was unlocked. Mongolia switched on the light and Russia's eyes were dazzled, "Ooh, Aah! Oh my, look at this humongous bed!"

He hopped on the king-sized bed and began jumping, "Wow, it's springy too!" Mongolia looked around, it had some interesting ornaments, "Eh, not my style, but a room's a room," he sat on the bed and grimaced, "This is too soft."

"I know, right? Feels like I'm sleeping on clouds!" He nuzzled his head to the mattress, and his horns and tails came out, Russia wanted to feel the cushiness on every part of his body. "I would prefer to doze on the floor... *Sigh* Oh well, might as well slumber so I can get this night over with."

He leaned back and laid his head on the pillow, which he then threw away, "Why did you throw that pillow?" Russia asked. "I don't rest my head on pillows, it hurts my head for some reason. Anyways, good night," He turned off the lights and closed his eyes.

Russia poked his side, "Wait, you promised you'd tell me more of yourself." Mongolia opened his eyes. "Russia, I don't remember promising anything to you, you asked, 'Would you tell me more of yourself?' and I said, Sure, why not? So what did you want to know?"

Russia's tail wagged, he already had dozens of questions planned, "Like, who is King Qing? How are you two related? You seem to know him."

Mongolia hummed, "He is my adoptive brother, my father brought him home and made him a part of my family. My brothers were quick to warm up to him... except for me. I don't know where he found Qing, but sometimes I wish he never did."