Watchers

The time was past midnight, and Mongolia was still drawing on the map. He yawned tiredly and rubbed his eyes, just then he felt a kick behind his back. Russia was tossing and turning in his sleep. "Poor boy... must be having a nightmare... I know that feeling." One time he had a bad dream, it was so horrific that he fell from the bed and awoken from the floor the next morning. He grabs the bedsheet and covered Russia with it. Russia sighed, his sudden jolts ceasing as Mongolia pats his head.

"He showed me this haunted house, but it really appeared similar to a post..." Russia's words clouded his mind. "A post... could it be?" He thinks to himself...

After contemplating for some time, he puts away the scroll and decided to head out for fresh air. He glances at Russia before he went out, leaving him alone didn't seem like the brightest idea, but he is confident he'll be back before he wakes up. Having to make up his mind, he walks out of the room and down the stair.

"Going for a late-night stroll?" The receptionist asks him, Mongolia smiled at her, "Yup, why are you still working so late at night?" She giggled and replied, "I can't go to sleep now, what if a customer comes in? Got to be prepared now, do I?" 

"Don't see why anyone would come here when it's so dark, but I admire your hospitableness." With that said he departed from the inn, he took a deep breath of fresh air and sighed. "The atmosphere has changed... I must've been gone for so long I can't recognize the scent anymore." 

He looked up to see the clouded night sky, it appeared to be cloudy with a chance of rain. Mongolia began walking through the steppe ground until he was outside of the Kingdom's walls. The sound of grass indicated that he walked far enough.  "No way..." He breathed out in disbelief, he pranced fast and halted in front of the outpost he had many affiliations with. 

"*Gasp* My old tower... My oh my... You're falling apart, sorry if I was gone for so long." He traces his palm on the surface, still having that familiarity. He stepped inside and recollected his memories. There were broken arrow pieces everywhere. 

Mongolia groaned as he started to have a flashback...

...

The loud sound of a horn brought Mongolia to his guard, his mind was confused until two hooded warriors ran past him. "What are you doing just standing there? Let's go!" One of the men commanded him. He wasted no time and followed behind his companions. "What's going on?" He kept up with the two. 

"A huge dragon is approaching, I think it's trying to tear a fragment of the Kingdom Azi, we must defend it with all our strength. Hurry, to the tower!" The second guy filled him in on the situation. The three parted ways to their separate posts, Mongolia kicked the door open and made it to the top.

"GET READY!" He took out his bow and was prepared to shoot a flurry of them at the target. From afar, a two-headed dragon descended from the sky, and Mongolia's jaw dropped, he has never in his life seen these types of dragons before. "FIRE!" The three of them released dozens of sharp arrows at the twin-headed dragon.

It was dealing some harm, however, not enough to draw it back. It lunged its body to the tower on the left, crushing one of the watchers inside the demolished post. "NO!" Mongolia cried, "No time for mourning, keep shooting!" The second watcher ordered. 

Not a moment after, the two heads opened their mouths, and fire came out of them, "AH, AAHHHHHH!" The second archer was hit and burnt alive, burning the right tower to rubbles and ash. Mongolia was the only one left, but he tried to keep unfazed. Finally, he managed to hit the dragon on its weak spot, making it screech and turn around to fly away.