The Dragon

Mongolia walked through the forest with his bow held ready. It has been a long time since a carnivore attacked his herd. And he is gonna make sure they will not do it again.

Strolling within the variety of trees, he listened carefully for any source of a twig snapping, wolves are cunning creatures, they are quiet, nimble, and fast; however, not silent enough for him to find them. 'So far... No wolf sighting, perhaps they all fled to a different area.' He thought.

He sighed and lowered his guard, just then... A fast figure zipped through the trees. He jumped in shock and pulled an arrow to shoot, something was without a doubt present. He carefully stepped closer, a soft growling sound came from the bush. Mongolia was ready to shoot until whatever was inside dashed away.

Mongolia chased behind the animal, following its footpath. This wolf was a quick one, normally he could run fast like the wind; he has never seen something so swift other than himself. He released some flurry of arrows, hoping to have anticipated the wolf's movement. Unluckily, the wolf dodged by shielding itself behind the trees.

He stopped running after it and decided to use an easier route. He jumped high and traveled by hopping off the tree branches. Eventually, he was able to land in front of the wolf and point an arrow at its head. 

"This is as far as you'll go, my scurrying little friend. Our game of cat and mouse ends now." The animal under him raised its head, it had two small horns, a pair of wings, and a red tail. His eyes widened, he couldn't fathom what he was seeing, "Just a young dragon? W-What is your kind doing running on the mainland? Were you the one eating my sheep? You are certainly in a horrible condition..." The dragon looked him in the eyes, Mongolia saw the dragon had wonderful red-colored pupils. 

Before he could tap the dragon's head, he quickly ran past him. "Hey wait!" He reached out, thinking if he should follow him or let him be.

...

On the way home, he couldn't get that dragon off of his mind. It sure has been ages since he last saw one. His appearance had a few bruises and cuts, something surely had happened to him. Where were his parents? No infant should be left disregarded, regardless of species. "I'll go look for him later, it's becoming late..."

...

Over the past weeks, Mongolia's livestock has been eaten one by one, though he didn't mind. He already had ample to share, sometimes he can convince himself that the dragon was actually doing him a favor. There are too many mammals out here and Mongolia couldn't walk freely without bumping into one. 

One time he saw the dragon slaying and eating one during the night. The night lamb eater was so majestic, the way his red eyes glowed, how pointy his fangs were. He didn't want to trap the dragon, he just wanted to look at him. "Woah... he is so... wild," he says while watching a dragon rip the flesh off of a little lamb.

Searching for the dragon has become his daily routine now. He had to admit, the dragon was an expert at hiding. On the way back he could feel eyes looking back at him, he could only assume his small friend was following him. "Well, I better go home!" He says loudly enough for the dragon to hear, before he could call it a day, he collected his crops and watered them anew.

It has been a long day, he crashes onto the bed with a groan. Staring at the ceiling, his eyes slowly shut. Drifting off to sleep, a dream sequence played in his head.

...

"GRrrrr!"

"Easy... I'm not gonna hurt you..." he put the bow behind his back. A dragon was caught with severe injuries, Mongolia didn't want any trouble, only to aid a person in need. "listen, the guards are gonna find you, either come with me, or your life ends."