29

Meera shrugged off, "you sleep now its already late" she said. He tried to get up from the bed but failed miserably,  looking at the other bed where their children were sleeping, he has been sleeping there for somedays because of their current situation. Meera understanding his dilemma, said, "umm...you sleep here, that bed is small. you wont be able to sleep there properly due to injury".

Meera helped him lay properly, and covered him in a blanket. She slept on her side with Aditya in the mid. Abhiraj smiled at her efforts, his mind was rewinding again and again the same things. How she was scared for him when he entered in the house, injured.

She still cares so much for him even after he did so bad with her, hurt her everytime.

His body was in pain but his heart was at peace that there is still a chance of improvement for them. They could be happy one day resolving every difference and misunderstandings between them.

---

Meera woke up first in the morning and saw him sleeping. His expression were enough to understand that he was sleeping uncomfortably with the injuries.

She couldn't see properly in the night but now she can see clearly his fractured hand which he can not move. His head was bandaged and his clothes had some blood marks.

She let him rest because he needed it and went to take bath herself. Getting ready she went out and made the breakfast.

When she came back she saw her  children  already waking up. " Maa, why there is bandage on babasa?" Her elder child asked as she went  to them. They looked tensed. She don't know how to tell them about his accident.

Till the Abhiraj too woke up,"Beta....I.. my leg slipped and I fall down". He  didn't wanted to tell the children what really happened, he didn't wanted to scare them.

The children made a sympathetic face. Their babasa is their hero, they felt bad for him." Babasa, you should be careful." They instructed him, he nodded at them with a smile.

" Go, give your babasa a hug, he will definitely feel better". Meera cheered them and picked them up from the other bed,putting them beside Abhiraj.

Vikrant and samarth hugged Abhiraj, he hissed as they put pressure on his hand but then smiled at them when they gave apologetic puppy eyes.

But Aditya didn't go to his babasa and kept hiding behind his Maa. " What happened Adi? Won't you come to your babasa?" Abhiraj asked Aditya, forwarding his left hand to him.

" Go Adi" Meera cooed, Aditya kept hiding." I am scared of him, Maasa". Aditya uttered slowly.

Abhiraj sighed, his own child was fearing him. He felt more bad than he felt during the accident."Ok, wont you see what I brought from the town". He said trying the change the environment, not forcing Aditya to come near him. He asked Meera to bring thebag and showed them the toys and stationary, and they become happy.
He kept the bag aside near his pillow.

"Acha let's us get a bath now." She took the children in the bathroom. She got them ready and took them out and left them with their grandmother to have the breakfast and then their chachu will take them to school.

And she came back to their room, saw Abhiraj struggling to get up from the bed. The bruised part of his legs was swollen now," Let me help" she approached him.

" I am okay, Meera "Abhiraj said," yes, I can see that". Meera replied blankly and kept his unfractured hand on her shoulder and supported him to stand up. Abhiraj smiled inwardly at her actions.

She helped him to the washroom to freshen up. He wasn't able to remove the kurta. So, she gave him stool to sit. " I will do it, you should not move your hand ji." She instructed as she took out kurta out of his body, careful enough to pain him.