Chapter Three: Someone's Here

Felix's P.O.V.
I watched as the lost boys circled around the bright bonfire in the center of camp, dancing, jumping, howling, and banging on various instruments that they had hand made. It added to the mystic melody coming from Pan's flute. We did this sort of partying very often, but I must admit I've never really gotten into any if them. I've never felt like it. You'd think that when a boy is rescued off the streets and taken to Neverland, an island of magic, and given freedom, he'd be happy. But something was missing. A hole that seemed impossible to fill, and preventing me from being in complete happiness like the other boys. But i couldn't figure out what.
I noticed that pan had stopped playing his pipe. I looked over at him. He was slightly leaned forward, his eyes focussed on something only he could see.
"What is it?" I asked him quietly, to keep the lost boys', who were still dancing and playing, suspicions down.
"Someone's here..."
Pan was my leader and my best friend, so I could tell there was something he wasn't saying.
"But?"
"Something feels different."
"Probably just another lost boy?"
"Maybe."
"Which way?" I asked standing up, ready to go find our visitor and bring them to camp.
"North."
He said nothing else, and didn't need to. I walked into the jungle. Headed north.
I wondered what was so different about this lost boy. We've had several come, all shapes and sizes. All different backgrounds and personalities. But Pan never sensed that any of them were different as he had said, or at least, he had never told me.
The brush opened up onto the north shore and I spotted the newcomer, lying stomach down in the sand, drenched in sea water as I could tell. I put on my best hostile face. I was going to have a bit of fun with this one.
I silently strode over, grabbed the newcomer by his collar and jerked him up, trying not to bust out laughing when he helped like a girl.
"Who are you and what is your business here?"
"I- I-, the sh-shadow brought me here." He stuttered.
I turned him to meet my gaze, but nearly dropped the newcomer. They must have noticed my being taken aback, and took their chance to pull out of my grip.
The newcomer stood up straight, moonlight giving an outline of their body. My suspicion was confirmed. A girl. How was this possible?
"But...you're a girl." A said dumbly. She didn't say anything, probably has no idea what I mean by that. "And," I continued, "you said the shadow brought you here?" She nodded. I thought for a second. The shadow had never before brought a girl to the island, maybe he thought surprising Pan by doing so would be amusing. A fine surprise. I felt a smirk spread over my face.
"Then welcome to Neverland, lost girl." I held my arm out in the direction of the camp. "Right this way."