Chapter Twenty-Three: Lets Play!

Pan's P.O.V.
It was the morning after we had found Rufio, and the camp was busy again. Boys darted back and forth through the clearing, gathering weapons from one place and bringing them to another to be sharpened and prepared for a fight. I was itching to get to it, as were the boys. We were all protective of our own, and the Pirates had taken Rufio, they had hurt her. We were ready to teach them a lesson.
Rufio had told me why the Pirates were here and what the captain wanted, but he wasn't getting it.
I watched as Felix walked by with Rufio asleep in his arms. It had been an on and off sleep all day long. She had been exhausted from such a long swim. Half of me wondered how she made it and the other was glad that she did. She would be working with the boys, preparing weapons and the like, with Felix somewhere close by. After a while she'd take a break and sit next to him, but eventually she'd fall asleep. He had been carrying her back to her tent but I guess he had gotten tired of that or saw no reason to anymore because she would always come back out to help. So now he was carrying her to the other side of the clearing and sitting down with her, sleeping in his arms.
A bit of curiosity of Felix's actions were coming over me but I ignored them for now. I needed to focus on the battle we were about to go into.

***********************************

Rufio's P.O.V.
"Rufio?" I heard a muffled voice say. I was in between asleep and awake and couldn't respond.
"Rufio, wake up."
I was a bit more awake now and hummed at whoever was trying to wake me up.
"You need to wake up Rufio, Pan's giving the battle plan."
I forced my eyes to open. The first thing I saw was dark cloth. I blinked and looked up at Felix's familiar face. He smirked.
"And the Lost Girl awakes." I heard Pan call from somewhere behind me. I sat up, then realized I had been asleep in Felix's lap. I felt my face heat up as a few chuckles went through the crowd of boys, who were dressed for battle.
"As I was saying, the pirates are back on the island, and this time they won't be looking to capture. They'll be looking to kill."
A chill ran down my spine as I remembered all that was happening. The Pirates were here. And Pan planned on killing most of them. All because they were grown ups. I zoned out on what he was saying as I thought about what was going to happen. I couldn't imagine killing someone. I'd never done it before, and of course I'd never want to. Who would?
"If we get them into the stone clearing we can take them out easily from the trees. We'll have our bests shots positioned under the cover of the branches, and attack them from there. If our archers are swift and accurate, we can take out half of the crew before they can react with any force. Their group will be weakened and the boys we have on the ground will have a better chance of overcoming the Pirates."
Most of the boys nodded in agreement.
"Alright then." Pan said. "Felix, Devin, Blade, Thomas, and Rufio, you'll be in the trees, handling crossbows. Take down as many Pirates as you can. The success of this plan depends highly on you." They nodded and Pan continued giving the boys their battle plans and positions.
"Twitch, Vester, Emmet, Twins, and Tootles, you'll be the ones that make the Pirates come our way. Dean, Luscious, Curly, and Nibs will be coming in on the left side to make sure the Pirates don't go that way. Then of course the rest of you, Beau, and Sweet will be with me on the right side, blocking that side. They'll have no choice but to walk right into our trap: A clearing with trees full of ace shot archers." He said smirking.
"We leave in five minutes. Everyone get what you need."
The group split up quickly, all talking excitedly and shouting gleefully to each other about fighting the Pirates and taking their treasure. I seemed to be pulled along with them as they crowded around the pile of weapons, now ready for battle. They grabbed what weapons they wanted, and a bow and quiver were pushed into my hands. I looked down at them. Each arrow's tip was black from being dipped in dream shade. A poison that could kill in only a few hours of time. That word was stuck in my head now. Kill.
I heard Felix call me, but I couldn't tear my eyes away from the weapon in my hand. It was going to kill. I was going to kill...
"Rufio!" Felix said shaking me. I looked up at him.
"C'mon, we've got to leave."
"Kill?"
He looked at me. His eyes filling with realization.
"Rufio-" He started to say, but he was cut short when Pan called from the edge of the clearing.
"Come on boys!!!"
Felix looked back at me.
"We have to go Rufio."
The boys were gathering around Pan now.
"Let's play!!!"