Chapter Eight: You're Quite The Gentleman Felix

Rufio's P.O.V.
I looked down at my hands. How hard was this week going to be? Did I have the strength to do this? I lowered my head. I knew I would fail. I couldn't possibly win this fight, could I? I remembered that Felix was still here and looked up to see him staring at me. He quickly looked away, then back at me.
"I, um. I have some food if you're hungry. Just a bit of bread. Not much. You missed dinner."
I smiled and looked down, then stood up.
"Thank you."
He reached into a leather satchel that hung over his shoulder and to his side, pulling out a chunk of bread.
"It's more than I usually get." I told him.
I walked over to my new bed and sat down, taking a bite out of the bread.
He sat down on his and stared at the flap of the tent. I looked down at my bed and examined it's features. The blanket was made of several animal skins sewn together. Deer, rabbit, fox, and many others. The mattress was maybe a double bed size and was a type of soft leather, filled with cotton I'm sure, and it rose about a foot off of the ground. The ground was like outside but with less rocks and twigs. It was a cozy tent, rising up to ten feet and having a span of 20x25. Wooden poles were like the skeleton of the room, having the tent material acting like walls, which were submerged in the ground to prevent anything from getting in, except for where the front of the tent was, which was split into two sides with a pole going down the middle, acting like a support beam.
I curled my legs to the side of me and smiled. This was nice. I didn't have anyone to boss me around or to yell at me. I could just relax, and for a whole week! This was wonderful!
I reached up and started to pull my hair out of the messy bun it had been in.
"You want some different clothes?" I heard Felix ask. I looked over at him. "I mean, I didn't think you'd want to sleep in that."
"Oh. Yes please." This is the nicest I've ever been treated in my life.
He got up and walked over to a chest at the bottom of his bed. After pulling it open and reaching in he pulled out two pairs of shirts and pants.
"Here." He said handing one of each to me. "I-I'll, um. I'll turn around." He stuttered nervously. I smiled.
"You're quite the gentleman Felix."
He chuckled a pulled off his shirt so I too stood up and turned around. I slipped off my dress and quickly put on the shirt, which reached down to my lower thighs. I giggled and untucked my hair. There was no need for the pants now for the size of the shirt was made to be a gown on me.
"Okay." I said, letting him know I was dressed.
"Yah." He answered, assuring me of his readiness.
We both turned around and I tossed him the pants. His jaw dropped and his face seemed to redden just the slightest bit.
"I'm fine if you are."
"Oh! Yah. Yah, I'm fine." He said shaking his head and squeezing his eyes shut. I smiled humorously and crawled into bed as he put the pants back into the chest and laid down on his own bed. The animal fur tickled my skin softly as I pulled it over myself. Then the lights went out.