Chapter Twenty-Eight

Hey guys! Good news, I'm FINALLY done with the thesis that I was writing for uni which kept me busy for sooooo long! Now I can finally update frequently again :)

AND OMG I was at my first One Direction concert, last weekend, and it was everything that I imagined and more and I loved it and the performed 18 and No Control for the first time and they didn't cut out Better Than Words, like, what is LYF?????

Oh and PS: Larry. That's all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry's POV

"Oi, why are you walking alone, mate?" I ask as I catch up with Niall who is on his way out of the cave, "It's your surprise that we are off to right now, remember?"

Niall only shrugs without looking at me. He hasn't been very talkative and has pretty much kept to himself all day. And yesterday, Louis said that we'll go to the beach so Niall can take his mind off things if he isn't better by then... now. So I guess we're going there now... Not that you can count on Louis giving you anything but false hope...

"Look, just try to have a good time tonight, alright?" I attempt to keep the conversation going, "Don't do it for the others. Just do it for yourself."

"Yeah," Niall sighs.

"Promise me you'll try?" I ask, touching his shoulder.

Niall smiles at me, but it seems forced. "Sure," he hums.

"Hey, handsome," somebody calls from behind, "I'm talking to you, new guy."

Niall and I turn around. It's the blue haired girl that Louis slayed yesterday morning, Kim. Was it only yesterday morning? So much has happened since then.

"I gotta go," Niall mumbles and speeds up his pace without another glance at the girl running towards me.

"Harry," she smiles when she has reached me, a little out of breath, "You're going to be my seat mate on the car ride, yeah?"

"I'm... I actually haven't though about that yet," I say, feeling somewhat puzzled. I thought she was mad at me for laughing at Louis' insults towards her.

"Please?" she beams, "I promise I'll make it worth your while," she winks at me, "Pretty please?"

"Oh, um yeah, sure," I smile back at her, though it was honestly only funny to respond to her flirting while Louis was around. At least until I realized that he doesn't like me in that way, even though he had given me that impression quite a few times in the past days. I mean, I told him not to pull away that time late last night. I practically told him that I was going to kiss him and he still pulled away. He rejected me twice that night. Now it doesn't seem like so much fun anymore to flirt with Kim and see his reaction, because I have clearly misread the signs.

"Cool," Kim exclaims obliviously.

We walk next to each other in the semi-darkness of dusk without anything to talk about which makes me feel really uncomfortable like always. "So... where are we going exactly? I don't quite understand yet," I say when I finally think of something. Why isn't it hard at all to talk to Louis? Ugh, I need to stop thinking about him.

"Oh, we're going to see the Shark Heads, they live at the beach," Kim explains.

"Shark Heads?" I frown, "Who's that?"

"They're friends of ours, silly," Kim giggles, lightly slapping my biceps, "Pretty much the only other gang around here that we trust. They're really cool."

"Oh, nice," I say, subtly removing her hand from my arm.

She doens't seem to care. "Yes! I'm always excited to see them," she says giddily, looping her arm around mine instead, "fresh faces, you see?"