069. angry

"Hey." Sam and Miranda walk into the library where Dean is. "Fridge is picked clean. Your turn to fly. I buy." Sam says before noticing his phone on the table near his brother. "That's, uh, that's mine, right?" He asks, picking it up.

"Hey, uh, you talk to... talk to Cas recently?" Dean asks.

"No. Um, not for a while. Why?" Sam asks.

"I was just wondering what he's up to. He's got to be up to something, right?" Dean asks.

"Why do you care?" Miranda asks, walking around to find a book that Wyatt wanted.

"Yeah. Angel stuff or... I don't know." Sam shrugs.

"Yeah."

"All right. I vote pizza -- as do the three little cuties, so, it's pizza." Sam states.

+++

While Dean went out for pizza, he ended up kidnapping Eldon Styne, locking him in the dungeon.

"Okay. You guys are gonna go to Jody's and-- and stay there." Sam says.

"Wha-- no. No, I am not leaving you." Miranda argues.

"The kids can't be here." Sam states.

"So come with us. Dean can fucking handle it." Miranda says.

"Dean doesn't know I still have the book. Talking to Styne could get me something. But I need you four safe. The bunker was the safest place up until bringing dangerous people in. So, please, take them and go."

"Samuel--"

"Please, Randi." Sam begs, his puppy dog eyes boring into hers. Miranda sighs, clenching her jaw.

"Fine." She relents. "For the kids."

"Thank you." Sam sighs in relief, kissing her on the forehead.

~ ~ ~

"Okay. You guys get to go and see Aunt Jody. Huh? Sound fun?" Sam asks.

"Why can't you come?" Wyatt asks, frowning up at his dad.

"Daddy's got some important work stuff to do. Mommy's gonna be with you the whole time, though." Sam assures, kissing him on the head. "And, even better? You guys get to take the pizza."

"Won't Dean get mad?" Wyatt asks, his face pulled into a worried expression.

"He didn't pay for it." Sam smiles. "Even if he did, you guys don't have to face any of that wrath. Be good for your mom, okay?"

"Why are we really leaving?" Carly asks.

"To go have fun." Sam says, kissing her on the head.

"I'm not 4. You can't lie to me." Carly says. Sam huffs, looking at Miranda who has her lips pursed, a slightly amused look in her eyes.

"You can have fun while also going there for other reasons." Sam says. "Be good."

"But daddy!" Serena whines, latching onto his leg.

"I know, baby, but you'll see me soon. You get to have fun with other family members, including mommy." Sam says, gently prying her off of him and kissing her on the head.

"You sure about this?" Miranda asks.

"Yes." Sam nods. "Go." He kisses her.

+++

Miranda answers her phone the moment she sees her husband's name.

"Hey. Hey, how-- did you get anything? How is everything?" Miranda asks. "Sammy?" She asks after he doesn't answer. She hears him sniffle. "Sam."