Chapter Four ~ Mr Left on my right

Hey here is my newest chapter. Hope you like it (:

edited 27/5/14

Last Time

'...one.'

 Before it all went black.

Chapter Four ~ Mr Left on my right

I blinked twice. Why was everything so bright? I groaned. Rubbing my eyes, I finally i looked around. "Hello?" I shouted. Where was I? Then again: Who was I? My breath started to quicken, my heart beat began to drum in my chest, blood pumped rapidily through my veins. I forced myself to remember. Who am I? I remained sat on the bed from where I woke. I looked down at my hand, small, delicate hands. My legs looked long, yet my thighs were rounded lightly giving me a curve. I knew what everything was, yet I did not know who I was. Who was I? Who am I now? I looked down at my feet, I must have started to walk out without even realising, I was so caught up in my own thoughts. I walked out the bedroom to see a large looking man sat on the sofa. "Hello." I said in a small voice.

"Hello. My name is Mr Left." After thinking of making a joke asking where is Mr. Right, I took a seat opposite him. Can he tell me who I am? "Your name is Ellie Harrow, what happened Miss Harrow is that you became 16, this means you have gone through a natural process of death." I remembered now. How when you become 16 you 'die' forgetting everything. The new science. How  could I remember this, but not who I was?

"I know Miss Harrow, you remember about that...and not yourself. It's a technique we like to call making a database - you see in your mind when injecting you, we put a chip - this memory chip allows you to remember, things we want you to remember such as what happened  - do you understand?" I thought it through again, and nodded.

"So what you're telling me is that I can't remember who I am - because of that memory chip?" Mr Left smiled and nodded at me.

"Yes, well done child." I closed my eyes.

Memory chips, forgetting who I am, it all feels like a vivid dream. I let my mind drift. Echoes in my mind, weird dreams approached my thoughts.

"I love you Anna, I will always love you." His arm wrapped around my waist and held me lovingly. "We will meet again Anna." '...one.'

I gasped and blinked the thoughts from my mind. It felt so real, like I lived that life once.

"Miss Harrow?" I shook my head lazily.

"Yes Mr. Left." I fake smiled at him.  

"Are you okay?" I nodded at him, and reassured him with a gentle tone. His eyes wandered curiously, staring into my eyes so fiercful it felt like he was gazing into my soul.

"Of course Mr Left, so what do I do now?" He leaned forward in the chair, crossed his legs and entwined his fingers before sighing.

"Well, you go on with daily life, you live your life Miss Harrow. Any problems get in touch with this number." He handed me a card with the words 'The Govornment' printed on it, as he stood up from the chair and shook my hand.

"Whats the govornment?" I questioned. His eyes grew dark for a second, but were quickly replaced by a dull tone.

"It's those who protect you Ellie...we run humanity...make sure your safe." He coughed, before edging towards the door. "Have a good life Miss Harrow, remember any problems...just call." He smiled, his smile was warm yet twisted.

"Good day Mr Left." He walked out the house smiling. I sat down in the chair, hid my head in my hands.  

Dreams so vivid echoed through my mind.

"I will find you Anna, don't worry it'll be okay." A doting voice whispered.

I could feel the warmth of the memory comforted me. It's going to be a long day.