Chapter Twenty-Two ~ When the good go to war

Not edited.

Everyone who has read this - this is a different ending! I thought why not - you deserve it.

Last Time:

"We attack."

Chapter Twenty-two ~ When the good go to war

* * *

We stood tall. Our eyes in line. One focus. One destiny. It's all led to this moment. It was time. I looked to my left, and my vision was surrounded by faces I have never seen before, yet here we are, bound by one dream: to live without fear, to live. To die. This is it, I thought. I stared at the field ahead of me. Once a this was a field where children played, now the final battle field. I took one breath. Looked to right I saw the flooded streets which once held those obilvious to the lack of control of their lives. Now stood by our side. It didn't take much. They secretly watched The Underground and wondered, everyone knew deep down. The horror of what the govornment were doing, sickened all. We now stood together. One revolution. One chance.

I nodded to the people around me. I thought of any brave words in which people speak about. But only one came to reach my lips: "For Chris." And with that our footsteps echoed the earth. Our wrath was a storm; dangerous and showed no mercy.  The opposing troops stood strong, they were so close I could almost see their pupils dilate with fear. I almost felt pity. They were scared just like we were, but the problem with war is you have to chose the right side. With a nod of troops head, it all went down.

Bodies flew around me. Grunts of pain and agony surrounded me. I had one focus, the leader. We breached the walls. Kicking and punching my way through, we got there. There sat as if the war was not happening, the leader. The govornment himself. Sat in his leather chair, seat beaded his brow as his rounded stomach rised and fell swiftly.

"Such a pretty one." He spoke softy. I almost felt pity, almost.

Holding a knife in which a fellow fighter passed me to his throat, I looked into his eyes.

"Why?" was all I could make out.

He looked confused. "Why?" he repeated.

"So many lives, why kill them, why do this? Why him?" I spat.

He smirked.

"You don't know?" He laughed.

I frowned, looking around everyone else had the same expression.

"You're over run...this isnt a time to laugh."

That only made him laugh harder.

"Why you really don't know..." He paused. "Such a good liability...couldn't let him go...we just needed a fire in you..." I pulled back.

"What?"

His laughing grew wider as he snapped his fingers, doors slid open showing a very alive Chris.

My breathing stopped. My heart stopped. Water flooded my vision as I gazed upon the body I saw die.

"But-" I stuttered. The Underground shared my expression as we gazed at Chris like he was an angel.

"Hey Anna."

"Truth is Anna, we are always watching...we know everything, we control everything. We control everyone." He stared at Chris and then it clicked. we control everyone.

"No." I demanded, throwing the array of ornaments on the desk onto the floor. "No!" I shouted louded.

Chris smiled for a second before opening his mouth and said "Don't be stupid. The govornment can't trust anyone..." He glanced at me. "Especially not me." Before raising the gun holstered in his hip band of the jeans before shooting the govornment bringing down the cooperation and its rule.

 *                    *          *              

We were like roses in a dark garden, we grew and grew until our colours and beauty were the only thing that you could see.

We shut down the death chambers.We over ran the goverment.We rule this land. We found a way to die naturally as afterall thats life.

We lost many people that day, many brave people. But they'd be happy now. Death exists. Life happens. Living is possible.

The world can finally live again. Like it use to.

And me?

"You ready to go Anna?"

"Course Chris...always."

Ta-dah still not happy but meh. Any better?

THE END.