Chapter Twenty ~ truth will out

Hey thank you so much for reading! As always not edited. Enjoy.

Last Time

“Chris?” I asked again, for the last time. 

Chapter Twenty ~ truth will out

“Chris!” I yelled out in pain. My heart shattered like glass against stone. Tears burnt my cheeks as they rolled. I threw myself to my knees as I let the pain consume me. What now? The hiccups of my uncontrollable sobs were becoming louder. I was sure it wouldn’t have taken the Troops long to hear me, but I didn’t care. I would let them, and welcome their presence. I let my mind wonder to every moment that I cherished and perhaps once overlooked as important.

Vivid memories of laying side by side under the moon lit sky, of stealing food and abandoned belongings to live. It was so perfect! Why now? Safety was a myth, in this life – life – I chuckled to myself; life is a myth in this world, a world where everyone lives forever, it is imprisonment. Your dictatored, told what you can and can’t do, how to live, and in the end you’re just made into particles. But- my mind flashbacked to what Chris had explained after becoming Ellie

“You have 3 life cycles, then the vans come…Ellie the world cannot be full of people living forever, look out there Ellie, it was empty expect a few houses and a city Ellie, where do all the people go? They take them away and kill them, the only way they can…I don’t want to go into detail Ellie, but they take them into a chamber, and they never walk back out.”

 "The Government like to say how they give people a second chance in life, that's why the 'cure' exists right? They lie. The 'cure' is so that they can control humanity, they have the power to take whatever they want, but no one is there to remember what they're doing or alive to witness it. Sometimes though, the particles don't work and an egg is the life, not the particles...so the population gets bigger, which is why the vans come...they need a way to keep the population under control so they kill them.”

Why was I only just remembering this now? I paused. “They called me 4 lives,” I said to myself. The realisation hit me. They killed Chris, and going to kill me, because we knew too much. We could destroy the peaceful life that the government play. We could start a revolution. A war against immortality. I gasped. If I’m 4 lives then I’m next…I rose from my knees overlooking Chris’ still body. I brought my face down to his, and lingered my lips over his before stating my final last words “I’ll make it right, I’ll see you soon.” I placed the last kiss onto Chris’ cold lips. My tear dropped carelessly on his stone face, and with that I left.

I loudly shut the door behind me. I didn’t care now. They want a fight – they can get a fight. My footsteps pounded the tiles freely. I wasn’t hiding – not this time. “She’s here!” a Troop yelled from behind me. I didn’t run, I didn’t fight. I stood there as he stood looking nervously afraid in front of me, not knowing what to do. Seconds later more Troops ran towards us, I only had one thing to tell them. “Tell Mr Left…tell your leaders I’m coming, and tell them I’m bringing the storm of the truth with me.” And with that I darted out of the corridor. You would think it would be impossible to outrun 20 maybe even 30 trained Troops. Well I ask you: have you ever discovered a horrifying secret, and witnessed your dead boyfriend? No? Then it’s impossible to you.

I ran down the corridors as the Troops ran not far behind. And there it was a glass window to my right. And Mr Left stood at the door on the left – ironically. I smirked and gave him one last glance before breaking the window and running out into freedom.

*          *          *

I remained unseen as I hid in a distance alleyway. I sat against the cold, hard ground and thought. The Government kill innocent people to hide their secrets. The Government dictate people’s lives: choose when you can live and die. I’d had enough of running, now it was time.

 So what do you think? i know i m sorry for killing Chris - but it had to be done! But i guess the rage has got to Anna and a wars coming! Please tell me what you think?! Hope you enjoyed! feel free to message me and ramble anytime (:

I