Chapter Fourteen ~ Hell

Hey sorry it took so long…here’s the next part of The Day They Cured Death…, hope you like it.

Last time

 Like my life wanted to get out. I flew to Anna’s side as I hit the floor with a force. The moment I hit the cold hard ground. My life slipped away.

30/5/14 edited

Chapter Fourteen ~ Hell

Anna’s POV

My body ached. I heard a constant ringing in my ears. I edged my eyes open. It took too much effort. I groaned in pain. The light shined in my eyes as I opened them fully. I looked up to see stone above my head. Where was I? What happened? Flashes of memories came back to me. I gasped. The bear! Chris? I searched the ground furiously. “Chris?!” I croaked out as I saw the lifeless body lying beside me. “Chris?!” I said again as I shook his body. He didn’t move. “Chris please wake up…” I whined out. Nothing. I sat in the gloomy darkness of the cave as tears rolled down my cheeks. I brought my knees up to my chest. I never left Chris’ side. I sat and wallowed for hours, only breaking the silence to whimper out his name.

I don’t know how long it had been. Hours… maybe even days. I felt numb. I didn’t move from my arms wrapped around my knees at my chest. I couldn’t cry anymore; I had no tears left in my body. My body felt nearly as cold as Chris’ lifeless body. I whimpered. Shifting to Chris’ side I tried one last time. I leaned down beside Chris’ ear. “Chris…” I croaked. “…please don’t leave me Chris…you can’t leave me...I love you…don’t go…I need you,” the impossible happened; tears began to roll down my cheeks. I don’t know what I’d do without him. I let my mind wonder to our defining moments together.

I looked over to Chris lying beside me as we stared up at the night’s sky. The stars were shining bright as they twinkled softly. “I love you Anna,” I turned my head to see a grinning Chris beaming almost as bright as the sky. I paused for a moment. Love. Do I love him? Can he love me? I felt a thousand thoughts run through my mind all in a second. “Anna?” Chris said wearily. And in that second I knew. The way his eyes searched mine, the way his smile made my heart race. “I love you too Chris.” I was welcomed into a warm embrace. “Chris...do you think we could last forever together?” I asked in awe at the stars. Chris scoffed. “Anna look up there…tell me what you see?” I followed his finger and saw the twinkling stars. “Stars.” I stated. He smiled at me. “We’re like the stars Anna, some of them have burnt out right now, but we’re still seeing them, they are infinite. Forever Anna, I promise.

Tears rolled down my cheek, as I hiccupped from crying. “Oh Chris…” I whimpered as I hugged him.

I opened my eyes, I don’t remember falling asleep. I searched for Chris, only to be disappointed to see his closed eyes. I whimpered. Before tears threatened to fall I got up and walked out the cave. I wondered close by to Chris’ body. I didn’t want to leave him, but I needed food for when he woke up. He will wake up, no doubt in my mind. I remained hopeful as I searched for braches, rocks and berries and anything I could eat. It took me a little over an hour for me to find enough for the two of us, for a least two days. My arms ached with carrying the wood and food. I dumped what I had collected on the floor as I took the few rocks I found from my pockets. I scrapped the rock against the boulder of the cave. If I were to stay here for a while, until Chris wakes up I need fire and protection. I sharpened a few rocks and clapped two together and hovered above the pile of wood I neatly made. The sparks from the rocks flew into the branches of wood, and the flame grew. The heat felt comforting on my face as I welcomed the orange glow. I tied a sharpened rock to the end of a branch like a spear with another branch. I craved out the inside of a branch to collect water from the cave rocks, as I placed it like a bowl under the spring in the cave.

And there I waited, praying for Chris to wake up…so then I could leave this hell.  

There you go. Sorry it’s short I think they will be short for a while. Tell me what you thought.