Chapter Six ~ open my eyes

Hope you like it. I think this is my favourite chapter so far, what do you think? If you didn't know what a plain is it is a  - geographical term - meaning flat land, usually very fertile and covered in grass.

Last Time

"I will keep you safe Ellie, I promise." He started the truck, and began to drive us off to somewhere far away.

edited 27/5/14

Chapter Six ~ open my eyes

I looked out the truck window frantically looking for an escape while I obsverved the world around me. The ground was covered in dust. No trees grew on the dry land. The sky was a bright blue, almost luminous as it glowed so bright the sun was not necessary. There were no clouds covering the sky, it was just a constant blue sky. As Chris drove down a dirt road, away from my small isolated house. I looked back at it. The house was alone, in the middle of a grass-less plain. The road we were going down had no gravel, however the road in the opposite direction was paved and perfectly flat. I saw poking out of the distant hills, tall buildings emerge from the hill tops. A city. As we drove away from the distant, unknown land I wondered: why were we here?

The rest of the drive was silent. There seemed to be nothing else but dust and blue sky around. Chris suddenly turned left at point in the dirt road. "We're nearly there." He said breaking the silence. Maybe he wasn't going to hurt me...maybe I should trust him... I contemplated a moment about asking questions, I hardly knew the man, yet here I am sat in his truck waiting to be told answers; answers which I do not know are true or not.

"What's the city called back there?" I questioned. Chris looked at me a second before opening his mouth to reply "We called it Jailbreak...but it's called West City." I frowned, before my mind flooded with images.

"Anna, we gotta' stay away from Jailbreak remember...I know they're your parents but we can't go back...they won't remember...Anna I'm sorry, but the vans will come soon enough...and they'll be taken, just like the others."

I blinked rapidly. In that dream Chris seemed so much different than in the other dreams. Usually he was caring, passionate and loving. This time he looked afraid, so very afraid.

"Ellie?" Chris's voiced echoed in my ears before I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to look at him. "Ellie what did you see?" I wasn't sure what I saw, everything seemed to be happening too fast to make any sense of it.

"You have to give me answers...I need to understand who I am Chris." I demanded. He sighed and took one hand off the wheel. "I will Ellie I promise. When you're safe." Chris continued to drive along the dirt road, as we faded into silence.

I watched the sky and dusty road meet along the horizon, but then it was broken by a large object in the distance. Chris continued driving towards it. As we drew closer towards the object it became more clear, the 'object' was a huge rock stranded in the middle of nowhere. The rock was huge, bigger than my house. Chris looked over at me. "You found this place. It's out of Jailbreak's radius here." The rock was huge it looked like a mountain. Chris drove into the large rock's opening and stopped the truck. "Welcome home." Chris smiled a genuine grin. He opened his side door and got out. I followed him by opening my side door and stepping out the truck. I felt a whoosh of air welcome me. It comforted me, to breath fresh air, to feel some kind of freedom for the first time. I stepped away from the truck as Chris closed the passenger door. "Come on." Chris said leading me away from the mouth of the cave. He walked down the wide opening, before turning and walked down a narrow pathway. I looked up. This truly was huge. I could hardly see the ceiling of the cave above me.

"Come on Ellie," Chris' voice echoed through the cave. I started to walk gingerly to where Chris was. The narrow pathway was lighted by fire lit touches. I could vaguely see Chris' shadow walking ahead of me. The pathway opened up into a large area. It looked amazing to say the least. Everywhere was lit by touches, the centre of the room had a huge welcoming fire lit. Around the fire soft chairs were carefully placed, and tables a side of them. The side walls were covered in books stacked one by one, millions of them. There was a slight rise of the floor at the end of the room as a double mattress, pillows and covers were sprawled on the floor.  Pictures were placed all over the large room; on the tables, walls and floor. There were photographs and a distinctively looking retro camera placed on the table, paintings and sketches were mixed with photographs around the room.

"What is this place?" I asked in awe, while talking in the surroundings of the room. Chris smile as he sat at the fire, while placing wood onto the fire from the wood pile at the side of the room. "Ellie, this is our home..." He looked at me deeply for a second. "...We made this place, we made this place our home, look-" Chris stood up and started to walk around the large open planned room. "-over there is our...well your library, over here is where I usually draw, the fire where we cook and keep warm, through there is the bathroom, working shower, bath and toilet thanks to me." He looked proud of himself as he puffed up his chest before he continued. "And of course our bedroom." He coughed awkwardly.

"What's the matter Ellie? Don't you like it?" He looked concerned for a moment. I shook my head. "It still doesn't make sense, I don't know anything...I don't know what's happening...why are we here? Chris you promised me answers, I want them...And I want them now." He sighed before stating. "Okay Ellie, but you won't like it...here's the truth."

Sorry for leaving on a cliff-hanger, but I wrote alot in this chapter, don't worry I will upload soon.

Thanks for reading hope you liked it. If you have any questions or/and if I was unclear/didn't make sense about anything please say. I'll be uploading soon. Comment please - your opinion helps me be motivated to write more. Keep Writing Wattpaders! (: