09 - Nine - Sam Wood's Point Of View.

Waking up later, Reid was still in the bed, his arm around my hips and legs tangled with mine, the scent of our mixed pheromones clouded my nose and honestly my brain. He smelled fantastic. The warmth across my skin and the way my pheromones were freely flowing all around was proof enough that the last dosage of suppressants had worn off at some point.

Reid looked so peaceful asleep beside me. I was almost jealous he slept so well. I didn't want to bother him, but I was wide awake now. Carefully, I extracted myself from his embrace and tiptoed out of the room. I needed some fresh air to clear my head. Still tiptoeing, I headed out to the balcony. The cool air was pleasant on my skin. Reid's boxers hung loosely on my hips. If I shook them, I was sure they would fall to my ankles. It was still dark enough outside that I wasn't worried about anyone seeing me out here.

The sunrise was slowly bringing more light, and the cool air was fading. The smell of coconut crept up my nose, and I turned. Reid was stretching out before he went to the kitchen. The bite on his shoulder made my stomach flutter. I marked him as mine. My pheromone crazy brain loved that.

Heading back inside, I left the screen open.

"Close the door. I don't pay to cool the outside, Samuel."

"Huh?"

"I turned the AC on for you. Close the door."

"Oh!" I hurried to close the door before joining him in the kitchen. The grey boxers he had on were snug on his hips and I wanted to touch him. He was making a cup of coffee, and I snorted.

"What?" he muttered.

"I can give you some coffee too, Reid."

"I'm well aware," he said, taking a deep breath and humming. "I don't think there's an inch of this place that won't have the lingering scent of your rich pheromones."

"Oh, I guess you're right."

"We drenched my bedding in the scent of your pheromones. While I was getting out of bed, I moved the blankets and I could taste your pheromones. But that might also be because of how you're dumping them around my condo. Heavily."

"Sorry, I'll take a dosage—--" I said, but he cut me off. "Samuel, did I say that I hated it?"

"No."

"Then, don't change it. I quite enjoy your scent. Like this, it's rich. Real coffee doesn't smell nearly as nice as you," he hummed. He walked closer to me after setting his coffee down and pulled me by my forearm into his arms. He dipped his nose into my shoulder and took a deep breath, before his tongue grazed over the gland there, and I could taste my pheromones again.

He took his face out of my shoulder and slipped two fingers between my lips, and pressed them against my tongue, before he slipped them out of my mouth and licked his fingers. He was licking my pheromones off his fingers.

"You could have just kissed me." I muttered.

"I didn't think you would be happy with me sucking on your tongue this early." Reid said, lowly his voice like velvet on my ears.

"I would be alright with that." I whispered.

"I'll keep that in mind," he said, before he let me go and went to make breakfast. His smile was playful as he sauntered away. I rolled my eyes and smirked before following him deeper into the kitchen. Whatever the day had in store, I was ready for it. Sitting at the table, I watched him.

He cracked a couple of eggs into a bowl before heading back to the fridge to get some ground meat out. He was making rounds out of the meat and frying them. Laying my head on the table, I watched him until everything blended together, and I closed my eyes. I was up far too early.