14 - Fourteen - Sam Wood's Point Of View.

Waking up twice throughout the night to puke again wasn't my intention, but I was glad Reid had slept through it. I wasn't stupid, but I was willing to be ignorant about the things going on with my body, and explaining it off as being sick was good enough for me. I didn't need to know for certain that this was, in fact, what I was figuring. I was content to ignore the signs and hope that I was wrong. I didn't want to face the truth, so I chose not to.

I laid in bed beside Reid until he woke up, lying about how long I had actually been awake. Leaving the bed, when he suggested breakfast.

"You still look exhausted, Sam."

"I am." I laughed lightly while watching Reid cook eggs, toast, and some potatoes. My stomach was fine, until he set it all in front of me, and asked if I wanted bacon alongside. "Sure." I muttered, smiling tightly.

He tossed already cooked bacon in the pain, rewarming it, and the scent was horrible. Covering my nose, I gagged. Reid turned the stove off and crossed his arms. "So, did you want to talk about this before or after breakfast?"

"This?" I said, before gagging again, this time way worse. "This is just because I'm under the weather, nothing more."

"Are you sure about that?" Reid questioned me, and got closer with the pan of bacon. "From where I am, you look more like someone with the early—--"

"Shut your mouth!" I yelled at him.

"Samuel, you need not yell at me. I am less than four feet away, and have great hearing."

"Then stop insinuating that I might be pregnant. It's rare and I would know, believe me." I snapped.

"I'll drop it right now, but if any of your coworkers come back pregnant, you're taking a test, Samuel."

"I'm telling you, I am not. Please get a test and I'll prove to you I am right." I muttered, angrily chewing on a piece of toast.

"Alright. I'll send for one to be picked up," he said, and sat down with the food, and sent what I was assuming was a text message before he ate. I sighed, finished my toast and started on the eggs. I knew I wouldn't be getting out of the pregnancy test anytime soon, all because I opened my mouth and pretty much bet him I wasn't.

If I was, in fact, pregnant, it would be far too early for my body to produce enough hormones for the test to show. I could cheat one of those tests, but a blood test, cheating that was nearly impossible.

"Sam?"

"Yes?"

"I have to run into the hospital. Did you want me to drop you off on the way?"

"What about the test?" I said with a bit of an attitude.

"It can wait. This is a little more important at the moment." Reid exhaled and went to get dressed. I was thanking whatever person or spirit in that moment that was looking over me. I finished eating and gathered all my things, and met Reid at the front door.

"We can worry about the test once I get this sorted out," he said, and opened the door, letting me out first.

Oak ran over with a bag in his hand, and I turned to glare at Reid.

"The family driver asked me to bring this over. He didn't tell me what it was, but here," Oak said, and gave it over to Reid, before he waved to me, and took back off towards the main house.

Reid passed it to me inside the car. "Take the test when you get home and send me a picture. We will go from there."

"Alright, but don't get your hopes up about a baby. I'm not an omega." I muttered jokingly, trying to lighten the mood a little.