∘₊✧─── 𝟎𝟓

BLAIR HAD BEEN SITTING in that room for what felt like hours. Clara sat on the edge of the couch, biting on her manicured nails as they both waited for Sadie to give them the go ahead. 

“Blair, you’re going to be the glue that holds this whole operation together.” Sadie had said, her eyes trained to the map that she had placed in the centre of the small coffee table between the two sofas. 

“You go back to the labs, and find your mother. Then, you just need to tell her that you want the chip, tell her that you want the enhanced intelligence if it means that you two become a family again. Before she can give it to you, my team and I will come in and arrest everyone involved and get the children out of the school.” 

“But what if you don’t get to me in time?” Blair asked, her eyebrows drawn together.

“We will.” Her aunt nodded, giving her a small smile. 

“Okay then, let’s do it.” 

The two girls sat in silence, jumping when the door creaked open. Clara sighed and put a hand on her racing heart when she saw the culprit. 

“Theo you scared us.” She groaned, rubbing her eyes. Theo gave her a sheepish smile and sat down next to the girl. Blair looked up and glared.

“Blair-” He started, and was cut off. 

“Don’t start. I can’t be distracted when I’m about to do something that will probably risk my life.” Blair relaxed into the couch, resting her head in her hands as she took a deep breath. Theo threw a glance at Clara, who motioned him to go sit with the blonde. He shook his head and Clara rolled her eyes, hitting him on the leg. 

“Ow, fine.” He muttered, getting up and sitting next to Blair. He took her hands away from her face gently, tracing small circles on top of them as she closed her eyes. 

“B, can you at least look at me?” He whispered, his eyes focused on her face as he waited for her to look up. She sighed and opened her eyes, finding him staring at her. 

“B, I’m really sorry. I didn’t know what she was going to do if I didn’t comply with her demands. I mean, I thought she was going to kill you.” 

“Well she nearly did. If Clara didn’t come for me, then I have no idea what would have happened.” 

“Blair, Theo was the one who told me to come get you.” Clara said, looking at the two. 

“What?” Blair looked between them. 

“Obviously we’re friends, I mean if I would’ve known before Theo told me that you were being held in a lab by your own mother who was basically trying to kill you by making you smart, then I 100% have been there.” Clara took a breath. “But Theo was the one who told me to get in there and grab you before it was too late.” 

The blonde paused, rubbing her temples. “Ugh this has just gotten even more complicated.” She looked Theo in the eye. “I forgive you for now, but we’ll talk about this if I get back.” 

“When.” The boy corrected. “When you get back.” 

Blair nodded, gulping when Sadie walked into the room. Sweat started to form on the girl's head, and she felt as if she might pass out. To her surprise, Henry came waltzing in after her. 

“Harry?” Blair said, blinking a few times. Henry grinned at her, winking and collapsing onto the couch. 

“I’ve been worried about you.” He said, with a smile on his face. “Wasn’t sure you would make it this far.” 

Her aunt took a step forward, closer to the girl. “Harry works for us. He was undercover when you arrived, to make sure you didn’t do anything drastic.” 

“Wow, our friendship was fake.” Blair joked. 

“Our friendship could never never be fake Blair-Bear.” Harry was a natural at lightening the atmosphere, and the blonde almost forgot all about her little situation. 

“Hate to break this up, but it’s time.” Sadie said, putting a hand on Blair’s shoulder as she guided her to the door. Blair looked back at everyone, giving small and unsure smiles as she left the room, Sadie closing the door behind her.

“Remember the plan. We are going to get you out of there before anything can happen, so don’t rush.” Her aunt said, brushing some dust off the girl’s shoulder. Blair nodded, not finding the courage to form words.

Sadie pulled her in for a hug one more time before she opened the door again and went into the lounge, leaving Blair in the hallway. The girl took a deep breath, walking fast towards the labs. She turned the corner, watching as the door came into view. Blair pulled out the post-it note she got from her aunt earlier with the code for the door. Putting it in, the door clicked open on the first try. She let out a relieved sigh, pulling the door open and entering the labs. 

Blair watched as people scurried about in their white coats and masks, carrying around different medical tools. The girl walked with false confidence, looking around for her mother. She could hear Suzanna shouting at someone from one of the offices farther down the corridor. She walked down to the office, stopping when she got to the glass door. With a very short knock, she walked in, not bothering to acknowledge the other person in the room. 

“Hello mother.” 

Suzanna looked up, shock evident in her expression. She looked more stressed than when Blair saw her last, something that could be blamed on the girl's disappearance. 

“Oh honey, where have you been?” She asked, moving to lean her hands on the desk she was standing behind. Blair lifted her chin slightly.

“I just realised that I wanted to be as smart as you. That’s why I came back, to get the chip. I want to be a family again.” 

“I’m so glad you’ve come to your senses. Whoever stole you away from me will be punished I assure you, dear.” Suzanna smiled at her daughter, walking around the desk to hug her. Blair accepted it stiffly, not moving her hands from her sides. It was strange to think that this wasn’t her mother, yet some lady who looked, talked and acted like her mother. The Suzanna Sharpe that Blair had known would never have done anything like this. 

Her mother linked their arms, heading out the door and to another room. She led Blair to the same testing room she had woken up trapped in that same morning. 

The girl looked around nervously. She wasn’t sure how long her mother would take to get all the equipment ready and she wasn’t sure how long it would take Aunt Sadie and her team either. 

Suzanna sat Blair down on the chair, lowering it down so that the girl was lying down. She then moved around the office collecting different surgical items. Blair closed her eyes, taking deep breaths and hoped that Suzanna couldn’t see how scared she was. 

“I’ll be a minute, sweetie.” Suzanna smiled, walking out the room and down the hall, her heels clicking all the way down. The time it took her mother to come back felt like forever for the girl, but after about 15 minutes, she heard the click-clack of the heels again making their way to her room. 

Suzanna entered with a couple of doctors. They were fast with their movements, running around the room with multiple tools and placing them on a tray, bringing it closer to Blair. She was starting to get worried, it seemed as if Suzanna was rushing to cut Blair’s brain open. 

“Okay honey, just relax.” Her mother muttered, grabbing a pen and putting some dashes on Blair’s head. She then took a tool, examining it as it reflected due to the light. Blair screwed her eyes shut as her mother brought the tool towards the first dash, cutting into her skin. 

“Freeze!” A shout came from the other side of the room. Blair opened her eyes to look at the person, smiling in relief as her aunt and a few other people walked into the room. Her mother put the tool down slowly, following the instructions that the girl couldn’t quite hear as her hearing started to go fuzzy and her ears rang. 

The last thing Blair saw was her mother getting put in handcuffs before her vision was lost.