∘₊✧─── 𝟎𝟒

BLAIR WOKE UP STRAPPED to a lab table, her vision blurring in and out as people in white coats worked around her. She groaned, a sharp pain hitting her head forcing her to close her eyes, ears ringing.

"She's awake." Someone peered over her, their face covered in a surgical mask and goggles. Through her foggy vision, Blair could see the blonde lady from the labs the other day approach her. The woman stared at her, moving her hand to Blair's hair and stroking it softly.

The girl tensed. She didn't even know where she was and now some lady was touching her hair?

"Oh sweetheart, it's a shame that we had to see each other like this."

Then it all suddenly clicked.

"Mom?" Blair whispered, her throat dry due to the lack of water she had received since being there. As her vision cleared, she saw her mother's face and the slicked back hairstyle that she used to wear every day for work.

It couldn't be her mother, both of her parents had died last year, but the lady standing in front of her sure looked like Suzanna Sharpe. Suzanna nodded, smiling softly at the girl.

"Now, all we're doing is giving you a little injection. It's going to help with the pain, okay honey?" She asked, still stroking Blair's hair. Blair wanted to instinctively lean into her hold, and nod along but she didn't know if that was the right thing to do.

"No, I want out." She whispered, coughing slightly. Suzanna withdrew her hand, frowning.

"Don't you want to be smart darling? This is what I've been setting you up for your whole life."

Blair watched as a tray was brought closer to her. On it was a small black chip, along with a scalpel and some other medical tools. The girl's eyes widened. They were about to cut her open.

"I'm already smart." She said, her voice starting to get stronger. They were holding her down with some kind of restraint, however, she could feel her legs pulling at them from where she was, meaning they weren't strong enough to hold her if she had enough power. She just needed Suzanna and the other lab workers to leave first. The only way she could understand what was going on is if she was released.

"Where's Theo?" Blair asked, pulling at the arm restraints. Suzanna cocked her head to the side, putting her hands on her hips.

"Hm, I didn't approve at first but now I think he's a perfect fit for you honey. I mean, I only had to threaten him once to get you here." She laughed. Blair caught a whiff of her perfume and nearly cried, her mother had somehow been brought back from the dead and started acting crazy, all while Blair was strapped to a table, about to be cut open.

"Why are you doing this?" She croaked out, fighting a lump in her throat. Then the door opened and someone ran in, whispering something in Suzanna's ear. They both took a look at Blair and left quickly, Suzanna's heels echoing down the corridor and faintly coming to a stop. Blair was left with one person in a lab coat and a mask.

The girl leant her head back, sighing as she closed her eyes. Someone came to her side, tightening the restraints. Wait, no. Whoever it was, they were loosening them. Blair opened her eyes.

Clara Gordon-Sinclair was towering over her, quickly helping Blair up and out of the chair. Blair stood up, getting dizzy.

"Clara? What are you doing here?" She hugged the girl once she regained her strength. "This is so dangerous, you should get out of here!"

"Nah, I'll be okay. Come on." Clara grabbed a lab coat and a mask, handing them to the blonde. Blair put her hair in a low ponytail and quickly adjusted the coat. Clara grabbed her arm, pulling her towards a door.