Chapter Eleven

The Shadowhunters are walking through a storage room, Aria looked around warily, it seemed too easy for them to get that close.

"Magnus' lair is right behind that fence." Jace pointed out.

Clary looked confused, "Magnus lives in a warehouse?"

Jace shook his head, "Not exactly. Warlock glamour."

Izzy too had a wary look on her face, "Something's wrong. It's far too easy to get this close."

Aria nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I noticed that too... which honestly probably means trouble."

Jace nodded, taking in what both girls said, "Something's wrong. It's far too easy to get this close."

Alec turned to Clary as they approached, "You... Don't get in the way." The group of Shadowhunters entered the building and saw two men struggling on an elevated level. One of them pierces their sword through the other one.

Clary gasped, "Oh, God! Valentine found Magnus!"

Aria sighed, "This is so not good at all."

Izzy nodded in agreement as they ran towards the fallen man. A little girl runs up to him. "Daddy! Daddy? Daddy, get up, please!"

Behind the girl, the Circle member appears. "Watch out!" Clary kicks the Circle member away from the girl. She quickly gets behind Clary.

"Clary Fairchild. Valentine will be so pleased to meet you." When he is about to attack, his arm gets caught in Izzy's whip. He wants to fight Izzy, but a knife is thrown into his back. It was Aria coming to her sister's aide, a fierce glare on her face as she stared the man down as he bled out on the floor.

Clary looked at Aria in shock, "Thank you, Aria." she had figured it would have been Jace who came to her aide but was happy that her sister was finally starting to show concern for her well-being.

Aria nodded at her, "You're welcome."

Izzy looked at Clary, "Stick close. It's safest if we stay together."

Clary nodded at her and spoke to the little girl, "It's okay. I won't leave you alone, I promise." Clary was protecting the little girl and Izzy and Aria were in front of Clary and the girl while Kaid was on the other side of Aria.

Jace and Alec were just a bit ahead of the others. Once they were inside, Alec disappeared, only to reappear a few moments later with Magnus behind him.

Clary nodded at Magnus as she walked in with the little girl, "Magnus."

The little girl hugged Magnus, who nodded at her, "Go join the others, my dear. This is no place for a little girl. Go." she ran off, and he turned toward Clary, "I heard what you did for Zoe. You risked your life without hesitation to save a young warlock child."

" She was just a girl, and she was in trouble. I had no choice." Clary answered him honestly.

"You always have a choice. You're not like the others, Clary Fairchild. Most Shadowhunters protect Downworlders out of a sense of duty, but you saved young Zoe because of what was inside your heart. You're more like your mother than you'll ever know."

Aria rolled her eyes at that, to which Magnus caught but said nothing as it wasn't the time or place. Clary looked at the Warlock, "Magnus, please... you can't hide from this battle. Look, Valentine, he found you once, he will find you again. We need to work together. Help me."

Magnus was quiet for a moment, "I can summon the demon, but you must make the demand. Now, I warn you... retrieving your memories will not be easy."

Clary nodded at him, "I will do what I have to do."