Chapter 28

Ruth woke up early the next morning, snuck down the stairs, out the door, and onto the deck in the backyard.  She tried calling her father, but she was blocked on his line too.  She then tried calling her sister.  "Hello?"  Ruth sighed with relief and replied to her sister, "Rose?  Listen, I need to talk to you.  I think mom and dad blocked me on their phones so I couldn't get a hold of them. I called to ask, do you know why they blocked my number?"  Rose sighed and said, "Yep, I know why they blocked you."  Ruth stayed silent and waited for her sister to finish.  "They blocked you because you told them you were staying in Australia and getting married.  Congratulations by the way...Who is it?"  Rose asked excitedly.  Ruth replied, "You remember five or six years ago I told you that I found out that Steve Irwin passed away and he had a son about my age.  Well..."  Ruth told the whole story of how she and Robert met, got to know one another, fell in love, and how he proposed.  Rose was flabbergasted.  Rose also explained why their parents had blocked Ruth.  She couldn't believe that her parents were going to disown her over an argument and her getting married.  Ruth and Rose talked for almost an hour before Ruth said she had to go.  "Hey Ruth?" Rose asked.  "Yeah?" Ruth responded.  "Would you like me to set up a call between you and mom and dad so you could apologize to them?"  Ruth agreed.  They ended their call and Ruth walked inside the back door into the kitchen.  She saw Terri standing by the coffee maker smiling.  "Good Morning!"  Terri said cheerily.  Ruth smiled in return and greeted her with the same energetic tone, "Good Morning!"  Terri and Ruth started chatting and they both made a cup of coffee.  They went into the living room and sat down to chat more and discuss more wedding plans.  It wasn't long before Bindi, Chandler, Grace, and Robert came down the stairs for breakfast.  They all ate, talked, and discussed some details about the wedding ceremony. After breakfast; Chandler, Bindi, and Terri drove to the zoo due to an issue with one of the animals and a finance problem.  Robert and Ruth were left with Grace.  They kept Grace busy while also talking about Ruth's chat with her sister on the phone.  "She was surprised that you and I were getting married?"  Robert asked and Ruth replied, "Yeah, she was a bit surprised but then she said she wanted to come to the wedding.  So I think that my sisters are at least going to try to come to support me and to meet you."  Robert smiled as he pushed Grace on the swingset. They took Grace in for her afternoon nap, and they sat down on the front porch so that they wouldn't disturb her sleep.  They sat and Robert had brought out the family Bible.  He sat and read aloud from the book of Psalms.  Ruth smiled as she listened.  When Robert read one of the Psalms, it was one that Ruth knew by heart and she said it with him as he read.  They looked at each other and smiled.  Ruth happened to remember she wanted to ask Robert about their vows.  "Robert, I was wondering what your thoughts were on us writing out our vows?  If not we can just..."  Robert interrupted saying, "I think we should write them out.  Not only do they become more personal but it shows how much we truly love and care for one another.  That's just my opinion but what about you?  And I'm sorry I interrupted ya."  Ruth agreed with him 100%.  She wanted them to write out their vows because she wanted the world to know how she felt about marrying the love of her life.  Robert felt the same way inside.  They looked into each other's eyes and smiled with so much love, that anyone within eyesight of them could see and feel how much they loved each other.  It got to be close to suppertime, so Ruth called Terri and asked, "Hey Terri, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind if Robert and I make supper for ya'll?" Terri agreed since she figured they wouldn't be home for at least another hour, it might be a good idea.  Robert and Ruth put on a tv show for Grace while they got to work on supper.  Ruth told Robert they were going to make one of her favorite dishes.  It was a hamburger mushroom gravy on top of rice.  She had Robert to crumble and cook some hamburger meat in a frying pan, while she got the rice cooking and got the gravy ready.  Robert was standing at the stove cooking the meat when Ruth walked up beside him and she was just about to hug his side but that idea got interrupted by Ruth's Phone ringing.  It was her sister, Rose.

Hey everybody, I'm so sorry that I haven't been keeping up with the updates.  Life has been really hectic since July/August.  And just a few days ago, I found out that a very dear friend and a client of my Dads had passed away.  So I've been down a bit lately, but I think there's only gonna be 18 more chapters before this story ends.  Thank ya'll so much for over 5,500 reads!!  It truly means the world to me.  God bless you all! - GodLover