Chapter 4

Meanwhile, Robert pulled into his driveway with his car. He sat in the car for a few minutes, still processing the girl's answer. She had said yes, he felt as though he was higher than a kite at that point and he walked into the house to find his mother, sister, brother-in-law, and baby niece(Terri, Bindi, Chandler, and Grace Warrior) waiting for him. They all looked at him, they had been worried that something had happened when he was on patrol through the zoo. They told him about how worried they had been. He then proceeds to explain how a girl had walked into the zoo and didn't know that it was closed and was looking at all the animals.  They couldn't believe his story, they then asked him if he had been hit on the head or something because when they had gone to find him earlier that evening he wasn't where he was supposed to be. "We went to where you were supposed to be last but you were nowhere to be found Robert," Chandler explained to Robert. Robert then tried to explain to his family again, why he hadn't been in the zoo, "I told you guys, I found this girl wandering around the zoo lookin' at all the animals and that she didn't know we were closed, so I took her to her hotel." Bindi looked at her younger brother, smiled and told him that she believed him.  Robert's mother, Terri, still had a hard time believing his story but she decided to trust her son, because she knew he never lied to her about where he was. Robert said goodnight to his family, went to his room, closed the door behind him, walked over to his bed and he collapsed onto the bed. As he was laying there on his bed, thoughts about the girl continued to pop into his mind. That night he slept really well and had a dream about the girl. He woke up early the next morning, he smiled at the thought of him dreaming about a girl he had only met the day before. Then, it hit him, he didn't get her name. He thought 'Oh no, what am I gonna do, I didn't ask her what her name was.' He glanced over at the clock on his nightstand, it read 5:30 a.m. 'Oh man, she will be here in half an hour' he thought. He dashed into the bathroom, removed his clothes, jumped in the shower and was out of the shower in record breaking time. He ran to his room, shut the door, got dressed, and looked at the clock, now it read 5:40 a.m.  He ran down the stairs, grabbed a bowl, poured some cereal into the bowl, then milk, grabbed a spoon, and wolfed his breakfast down. Meanwhile, the girl had gotten up at 5 a.m and had taken her time getting ready. She had already showered, got dressed, brushed her teeth, and had her hair done up into a ponytail. She slowly ate her breakfast at 5:30 a.m. She then walked down stairs, out the front door of the hotel, hailed a cab, and headed to the zoo. At 6, she was standing outside of the entrance to the zoo. Robert was just getting to the gate on his dad's old motorbike. He looked over and saw the girl waving at him. He walked over to the gate and let her in. He said, "Good Morning, beautiful." She giggled at what he just called her.  She then thought to herself 'my real name shouldn't be told, but I could probably pass with my middle name.' She replied, "Good morning Robert, and my name is....Ruth." Robert thought, 'That's such a beautiful name, but why did she hesitate when saying it?' Robert said, "Well, are you ready for the tour/date?" Ruth smiled and said, "Yep, I'm all yours for the day." Robert was glad to hear these words come from her mouth.  

* This is the longest Chapter I have ever written.  I need some idea's for future chapters.  If you would like to, leave an idea for a chapter in the comments.  Thanks!