Chapter 17

Robert and Ruth got to the car and when they got there; Terri, Bindi, and Chandler gave Ruth a big hug. She smiled because she was glad to be safe with them again. Ruth looked at the people she came to love over the course of a few days. She smiled, turned around, looked at Robert, and said, "I'm ready to go back to Queensland now and I won't run away from you guys again." Robert, Terri, Bindi, and Chandler smiled at Ruth. They all got ready to head back to Queensland. Bindi handed Grace to Chandler, she folded up the stroller and put it in the trunk of the car. Terri helped Chandler put Grace in her carseat then Terri climbed in the middle next to Grace's carseat. Robert pulled the seat forward, helped Ruth into the car, put the seat back, climbed in the car, and sat next to his mother. Bindi and Chandler climbed into the front seat. Chandler turned the car on, checked his mirrors and started to back up. He drove out of the parking lot and onto the road.  Before long they had reached the highway and were headed back to Queensland. On their way back to drop Ruth off at her hotel, Robert looked at Ruth sitting behind him. She had her head pressed against the window and had fallen asleep. He knew after the day she had at the mall, she was tired. Terri had an idea so she told Robert, Bindi, and Chandler her idea. "Hey, how do you guys feel about having Ruth come stay with us?" They all agreed it would be a good idea to have her stay with them instead of at the hotel for the rest of her stay in Australia. Robert smiled, and looked at his mom. She knew he wanted more time with Ruth especially after their argument, and it would be safer too. Robert thought he couldn't be any happier than he was in that moment, but he had no idea what was lying ahead for him and Ruth. They drove and drove till they got back to Ruth's hotel. Robert opened the door, hopped out, pulled the seat forward, and tapped Ruth to wake her up. She stirred, rubbed her eyes, and opened them to see Robert smiling with his hand outstretched. She unbuckled her seatbelt, grabbed onto his hand and hopped down out of the car. Ruth started walking into her hotel but she stopped when she realized Robert was following her. She asked, "Robert, why are you following me into my hotel?" He simply smiled and said, "I'll explain once we get to your room, I promise." she nodded her head and started walking to her hotel room. They reached her room and she unlocked the door. She waited till he shut the door behind him to ask, "Okay, what was so important that you had to follow me to my hotel room at twelve o' clock in the morning?" Robert smiled his biggest smile and said, "you are going to come stay with my family and I." Ruth's mouth fell open and her eyes widened.  She couldn't believe what he just said. He continued, "We think it would be safer and nicer to have you stay with us instead of here, and then you could see what we do everyday at the zoo." Ruth smiled and replied, "And I would be spending a lot of time with you as well, huh?" Robert smiled again and nodded his head. Ruth laughed lightly and she moved around the hotel room quickly. She packed her clothes, shoes, and everything she had brought with her from Ohio. She looked at Robert, smiled, and said, "I think that's everything, but I'm gonna double check to make sure I'm not leaving anything." He smiled and nodded his head in approval. Ruth quickly checked everywhere she had her stuff out before. She looked in the bathroom, found her shower gel, hairbrush, and toothbrush. She grabbed them, carried them out to her bag, unzipped her bag, and laid the items in the bag. Robert looked her in the eyes and asked, "You good?" Ruth nodded her head and replied with a smile, "I think so." They headed out the hotel room door for the last time, or so they thought. They carried Ruth's bags down to the car where Chandler, Bindi, Terri, and Grace were waiting. Ruth ran back in to check out early. She came back to the car and climbed back in the car. Robert hopped in and they headed to the Irwin's house. They arrived at about two o' clock in the morning, Bindi and Terri took Grace inside immediately. Chandler grabbed the shopping bags from the mall. Robert and Ruth grabbed her luggage, headed inside, went up the stairs, and dropped her luggage in the guest room. He looked at Ruth and said, "Welp, I guess I'll let you get settled and get some sleep. I'm really glad you agreed to stay with us because I wasn't takin' no for an answer." Ruth chuckled, smiled, and replied, "Okay, I guess I'm glad I agreed to stay too, because it is safer and I can see you without spending the cab fare." Robert laughed, smiled, and said, "Yeah, definitely." They stopped laughing, walked over to the bedroom door, looked each other in the eyes, and said, "Goodnight." Ruth shut the door and they both let out a loud, happy, contented sigh. They all went to bed and slept throughout the night.

*Hey everybody, I know this chapter isn't very long but it's good.  I love writing this story for y'all it is so much fun.  I can hardly wait to start work on my next Fanfiction.  I look forward to writing a lot of stories.  It has always been a dream of mine to be a writer, but I never imagined my dream coming true (so to speak).  I am working on writing a book about Forgiveness.  If I published it, the book would be under my real name.  I will try to post more Chapters as soon as I get them written out.  I will try to post as often as I can.  Thanks so much for over 1,550 reads.  I hope one day that it'll be over 2,000 reads. Thanks again! - GodLover