Chapter 10: Frey Bjarnkin

Hi everyone,

Happy spooky month, I hope you enjoy the new chapter. As usual, please remember that this has only basic editing so please don't be an asshat.

Have fun

Chapter 10: Frey Bjarnkin.

Winter was just beginning when they finally cleared the dungeon, probably one of the fastest dungeon clears for this dungeon not that they cared. Jayda had already explained why she wanted to clear this dungeon quickly, to give Astra as much precious time with her clan as possible before they left in the spring. Astra was struck by how much her friend thought about her, about her needs, had even planned their dive to give her time with her people, her family. As it was, they would be spending the entire winter in the town of her birth.

Cobalt and Onyx were in high spirits, they were not suited to most of the floors but when they came to open field floors the War Horses had done their best to terminate every monster on the field. Both had evolved from Variants to Ancient, both now had speckles of white on the haunches, white socks on their feet and their horns had grown larger. Void had also evolved into a Celestial Dire Wolf during the Dungeon master battle with Astra who had levelled up with him and was now a respectable level 3, his socks now went all the way up to his shoulders and hips, a line of black now followed his spine.

Astra took a deep breath smelling the ice in the air, "First snow," she remarked as her breath came out visible. They mounted the two excited War Horses, Astra and Jayda let them run, the fresh snow barely hindering them, Void and Fern frolicked around them. Sol had decided to just go to sleep in Jayda's shadow, running, he could do it, if needed, but at this time it wasn't needed so he would rest. Kree was in the sky, tracking their progress. Usually, it took three or four days by horse to get from Astra's birth town to the dungeon, the island her clan lived on was large and covered with mountains, however, the spirited powerful War Horses did it in a day and a half.

They had lost sight of the playing wolves an hour ago, but neither were concerned, and Kree had returned to Jayda's shadow after confirming they were close to the town they were going to. As they got closer, they heard a horn being played by a watch tower.

Astra and Jayda pulled their horses to a stop before the gate. Ingrid was already there as Dalla had told her that Astra was coming.

Astra smiled at her before she dismounted and turned her attention to Cobalt. "Now... don't argue, give me your tack!" she growled as she went to reach for his buckles, but he pranced away.

Jayda was also trying and failing to get the tack from Onyx, "Fine... but when I give you yummies, I will be taking your tack." She said giving up and silently called Onyx into her shadow, it was always a fight to untack both War Horses and they took incredible pride in their tack as it was their battle gear, but it needed to come off.

Ingrid watched the pair with amusement.

"DIRE WOLVES!" The woman on the watch tower bellowed in warning as Void and Fern bounded playfully up to Jayda and Astra. Just as the guard went to ring a bell to call for warriors they watched as Void wagged his tail and then washed Astra's face as she gave him a scratch. They also went pale as they realised the Wolf which had gone to greet Jayda was not a Dire Wolf, but the highest class of Wolf, a Fenrir. The entire clan would be needed to take down a low tier Fenrir, she doubted the clan would be able to take out the Fenrir before Jayda.

"You silly boy what did you get into?" Jayda asked Fern as she picked some burs from around his face.

White hares, we were chasing them, we didn't realise until too late that it's sudden change was to dive into some brambles. Fern explained with a happy pant.