Chapter 8: Time to prepare.

Hi all.

New chapter, have fun, all feedback is welcome however please remember this has basic editing, don't be an asshat. 😊

Chapter 8: Time to prepare.

Jayda smiled as the walls of Morriston started to be seen in the distance over a month later. The group that had left together had mostly returned together. Astra grinned, "It's like coming home, right?"

Jayda nodded, "Yeah, and we have the funds to buy so... we'll own land here."

Astra nodded; they needed a private space for Jayda to craft in. They had sent word through the guilds that they wanted to buy a property and that they needed a high quality Dwarven smelting and working forge. Giving the Merchants guild time to put together properties and to organise the needed forges.

They had spoken often about their plans, the reasons they were both going for S-rank, Astra because it was natural progression, Jayda because she was told she would be able to relax more if she was S-ranked, that no one would be stupid enough to mess with her when she alone could destroy cities. Astra had to agree with that although she knew there were always stupid people out there.

"Astra! Welcome back!" several adventurers called as they either left or returned from the city. Astra waved a greeting to them.

Jayda smiled as the friendly guard from her first visit stood blocking their path, "Welcome back... is there anyone new in your group?" he asked, he wouldn't bother checking the people who left, he knew them all and trusted them, but new people he had to check.

"Yeah, a group of C's took over in the Merchants group. Claws and Fang is their party name," Jayda told him.

He nodded as he looked at the War Horses the pair had. "Those are some magnificent beasts you have there."

Astra grinned, "They are gorgeous, and they know it." Both horses let out pleased huffs at the praise.

He nodded and walked down the line to check the new group, after a few minutes he returned and waved the group in. Astra and Jayda led the way into Morriston, they noticed that they were getting lots of looks, understandable as they were riding monsters known for being loyal if tamed and dangerous if enraged. Adventurers who had steeds were also focused on the tack and the way the pair was using it, making mental notes to ask where they got the tack from so, they could get some for themselves. They got to the adventurer's guild, and both dismounted, Astra winced a little, "I need to hurry up and get used to riding in a saddle."

"You just need to practise or level up," Jayda told her.

"Urg..." Astra complained, levelling was hard for a High being to begin with, it had taken over 600 years to get to her current level and once she got pass level a hundred the experience needed to level grew outrageously.

"And you will, in the S-rank dungeon." Jayda told her as she called Onyx into her shadow, she would remove his tack later if he let her, as he loved to wear his tack, it was comfortable and made with quality materials, it didn't bite or dig, it showed he was not only tamed but ready for battle, to be a War Horse. However, Jayda needed to take it off, firstly to groom him and second to prevent the tack rubbing into his skin and causing wounds.

They watched as the staff took control of whatever wagons and items were brought back, the merchant caravan was already preparing to move off. Tomas stretched and grinned as Mather; the leader of Morriston's Merchant guild came racing over.

"Maybe you shouldn't have sent word forward," Tomas teased.

"Man, I was looking forward to Cat's Rest," Astra complained.