Our Baby

Callum P.O.V

A coma.

Macey had been put into a coma, our baby was removed from her tummy and they saved her just in time but something had happened to Macey and she went into a coma. That was 3 months ago. The doctors arent sure how or why she has gone into a coma and they have no idea how long it will be before she wakes up. If she wakes up....

She has a 50/50 survival rate, all around her are machienes and wires to try and help keep her alive and ive nearly lost her twice now which means the chances of her surviving are slimming down day by day. I know my Macey and she wont give in that easily, she is going to beat this and meet out baby and we can be one big family.

"Callum." a hand places itself gently onto my shoulder, I turn around to see sophie smiling at me with a cup of coffee. She hands the coffee over to me before taking a seat.

"Thanks." I mumble putting down the coffee not bothering to drink it.

"How is she today ?" Sophie asks giving me a look of sympathy.

"No change.."I reply flatly, looking away.

"She is a fighter Callum she is going to get through this..." Sophie smiles at me putting her arm around me.

"I know but when.....Our baby could be grown up by the time she wakes up and I don't want her to miss any of that...." Tears slowly start to prick my eyes, I take in a deep breathe to hold them back.

"Macey will get bored of sleeping trust me." Sophie laughed slightly making me chuckle abit.

"Thats true." I agree, smiling a little.

"How's the baby ?" Sophie asks me.

"My mum says she is fine and had a good set of lungs on her." I reply, chuckling slightly.

"Well thats good, I am glad that she is okay....Callum when was the last time you ate ?" Sophie asks me biting down onto her bottom lip.

"This morning." I lied.

"I asked a nurse and she said you have not left this room at all unless it is to use the bathroom." Sophie lets out a long sigh before pulling out box from her bag. "Here eat it." Sophie tells me as she hands me the box.

I take the box from her and give her an appreciative smile."Thankyou Sophie."

"Eat it." She instructs me, firmly folding her arms.

"I will eat i-" I start but Sophie quickly cuts me off.

"Now." She demands gesturing towards the lunch box.

I take in a deep breathe, slowly letting it out. I open up the box and take out the sandwhiches that are carefully wrapped up, I open them and quickly eat both of the sandwhiches, Sophie watches me the whole time a small smile plastered across her mouth.

"Happy ?" I ask once I finish th sandwhiches.

"Yep." Sophie replies popping the P.

"Good."

"Eat the rest later okay ?" I nod at Sophie not bothering to argue with her.

"Good." Sophie places her hand on my shoulder and gently squeezes it. "Don't lose hope Callum, she will come around I know she will. I have to go now im meeting Matt's family." Sophie gives me a quick hug before leaving the room.

 I give sophie a small wave as she leaves the room before turning back to Macey, I sit and wait everyday to see if she does the slightest movement because once she does that means her chances of survivng increase.

Our baby is staying with my parents at the moment and they are looking after her as if she was there own. I don't know if I will be able to do it without Macey I mean I know Macey is not the cleveriest of people but she would be able to cope alot better then me, to do somethin like being a parent on my own I don't think I would be able to do.

"Mr Kingsley ?" I turn around to a young  woman standing behind me. "I'm Doctor Mead." She reaches out her hand I slowly shake it and she flashes me a smile.

"Nice to meet you...." I watch as she walks over to Macey and starts to examine her. "You don't look ol enough to be a doctor..." I say suddenly without thinking.

"I will take that as a compliment." She starts to chuckle as she continues to check over Macey.

I watch her silently as she brings out equipment from her pockets and does various simple tests on Macey. She checks all over the machienes that are hooked up to Macey as she starts taking down notes every now and then.

"She seems to be improving." She states as she finishes up her notes. "I without a doubt believe that she will be fine."

"Really ?" I stand up, hope raising in my voice.

"Yes I believe so." She smiles at me, I hug the Doctor Mead tears filling my eyes.

"Thankyou." I breathe hugging her even tighter.

"Your welcome." She replies laughing at me and hugging me back.

I let go of her and smile happily at her before sitting back down next to Macey.

"I take it you love your girlfriend alot then ?" Doctor Mead asks, leaning against the side.

"More then you can imagine." I tell her.

"That's a shame really." She sighs sadly, pouting at me.

"What do you mean ?" I ask raising an eyebrow at her.

"Just that you could probably get anyone you want and you choose her..." She bites down on her seductively.

I start to shift uncomfertably in my seat." Erm.... Well thanks again for your help I really appreciate it." I say quickly trying to change the subject.

"Your welcome." She smiles as she starts to walk over to me. She sits down in the chair next to me and places her hand onto my leg. "Anytime."

"Erm..." I start to shift in my seat again unsure of what to do. "Listen Doctor Mead im engaged and I love Macey.." I tell her trying to move away.

"You could do so much better." She tells me, moving her face closer to mine.

"I don't want better." I tell her firmly, moving my face away from hers.

"You only think that but trust me you do." She tells me, running her hands across my face.

"No I don't." I say moving back a bit more.

"Stop being boring." She tells me before grabbing my face and pulling me towards her, she crashes her lips against mine kissing me intensively. Shock takes over my whole body and I freeze completely unsure of how to react.

"If you don't want me to get out of this bed and rip your hair out I suggest you get off my fiance !" I snap back into reality and push Doctor Mead off me. I turn around to see Macey sitting up in bed anger filling her whole face.

"Macey..." I take in a deep breathe and stare at her unsure of what to do.

She gives me a small smile, I slowly walk over to her and wrap my arms around her hugging her tightly.
"I thought I lost you." I tell her, tears pouring out of my eyes.

"Im not going anywere." She tells me running her fingers through my hair.

I turn around to see that Doctor Mead has left the room and new doctors and nurses are filling the room, they  usher me out of the room telling me to wait outside, so I watch through the window as they start to examine Macey and ask her questions.

I quickly pull out my phone and ring Sophie to let her know that Macey has woken up and I have never heard someone scream so loud. Macey's mum just breaks down crying and says she will be there as soon as she can. I then ring my parents and tell them I need them up here asap.

I hang up the phone and sit down and wait, the doctors to Macey for what seems like forever but I don't mind as they need to make sure she is okay and no serious damage has occured.

"Callum ?"I turn around and my mum is standing infront of me a smile spread across her face. I pull her into a big hug and she kisses my forehead gently.

"Where is she ?" I ask.

My mum points to the chair behind her, I see a small baby carrier sitting on there. I walk over and carefully take out the small baby wrapped up inside. I craddle the baby in my arms, a grin spread across my face.

"Mr. Kingsley you may go in now." A doctor tells me as he leaves Macey's room.

I carefully carry mine and Macey's baby into the hospital room, as soon as Macey see's me her face brightens up, tears slowly filling her eyes. I hand her our baby carefully and watch as she cuddles closely kissing our babies forhead.

"Hi baby." Macey coo's smiling gently.

"You know we need to think of a name." I tell Macey as I sit down next to her.

"Kayla." She says without a second thought.

"Kayla......" I ask shocked.

"That's her name." She tells me.

I pull macey into a hug carefully, she laughs slightly kissing my cheek gently. "Thankyou Macey." I choke out.

"Macey !" Me and Macey both turn around to see Sophie standing in the door way, mascara all dow her face. She runs into the room and pulls Macey into a massive hug as she begins to cry again. "I knew you would be okay." She tells Macey sobbing through her words.

"Sorry can't get rid of me that easily." Macey jokes, laughing to herself.

"Im glad." Sophie smiles as she starts to wipe her eyes.

"MACEY !" I watch as Macey's mum runs into the room tears streaming down her face.

"Hello mum." Macey smiles, holding onto our baby.

Macey's mum runs over to Macey and holds onto her as if she thinks Macey is going to dissapear.

"I thought I lost you." Maceys mum cries into Macey.

"Im okay now mum." Macey soothes her mum as best she can.

I sit back silently and watch as more and more people enter the room all running up to hug Macey crying their eyes out each time. I watch Macey as she holds onto our baby a smile platsered across her face everytime she looks down at our baby. She looks so right holding her like she was supposed to be a mum at this age.

Macey hands Kayla over to her mum who then gives the baby over to me so that they can all hug her properly.

"Well Kayla you are going to have a very intresting life ahead of you. When Macey is involved I can assure you that there will never be a dull moment." I tell Kayla, smiling gently at her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There we go !

As if I was going to kill Macey you silly people !

Now vote comment and rate pleasee <3