Chapter Twenty One: The End

So twice in one day, I'm spoiling you guys. I kinda just wanted to get the first film over with and didn't realise that it was over 2000 words in just script so yeah. Have fun I guess.  Also 1989 TV is released in less than 12 hours I ma so excited I can't wait like ahhhh.

-B xx

(STARK TOWER - DAY)

BLACK WIDOW walks up the CMS machine. Selvig, slumped down, weakened, looks at her desperately. The Tesseract's energy is firing towards the portal, gaining in strength, at the surge of energy moving through the sky.

BLACK WIDOW: Doctor.

SELVIG: Loki's sceptre, the energy...the Tesseract can't fight. You can't protect against yourself.

BLACK WIDOW: It's not your fault. You didn't know what you were doing.

SELVIG: Well, actually I think I did. I built in a safety to cut the power source.

BLACK WIDOW: Loki's sceptre.

SELVIG: It might be able to close the portal. (Selvig looks down. He sees a GOLD GLEAM) And I'm looking right at it.

(MANHATTAN - DAY)

THOR rides on top of chariot, SMACKING SEVERAL RIDERS with the hammer. As Thor takes the reins, a CHITAURI LEVIATHAN crashes through a building, knocking him down to where Cap is, fighting off SOLDIERS. IRON MAN flies right next to the CHITAURI LEVIATHAN and aims his LASER BOOSTER at it. Nothing.

JARVIS: Sir, we will lose power before you cut through that shell.

IRON MAN flies up ahead, facing the oncoming monster.

IRON MAN: JARVIS. You ever hear the tale of Jonah?

JARVIS: I wouldn't consider him a role model.

IRON MAN FLIES TOWARDS THE CHITAURI LEVIATHAN, UNLEASHING EVERY ARSENAL ON THE SUIT. The CHITAURI LEVIATHAN opens its mouth. IRON MAN flies in and BURSTS out the other end, making the CHITAURI LEVIATHAN collapse. IRON MAN rolls down the street. The wind is knocked out of him. He looks up with an overwhelming sigh as a SMALL BAND of CHITAURI SOLDIERS rush towards him, holding out their rifles.

There was a chorus of "ew" and "yuck" going around the hall as they watched Tony go through the Chitauri Leviathan.

(ROOFTOP BUILDING - DAY)

HAWKEYE turns to fire HIS LAST ARROW. Using his bow as a staff, he knocks some CHITAURI SOLDIERS, before yanking his last arrow off the dead body a CHITAURI SOLDIERS. HAWKEYE nocks his arrow, DIVES DOWN THE BUILDING and FIRES his GRAPPLING ARROW up into the side of building. Falling down, HAWKEYE finds the MOMENTUM and SWINGS himself into a building and CANNONBALLS in.

(MANHATTAN - DAY)

The HULK holds CHITAURI SOLDIERS by the face and SLAMS them down. More keep coming. HULK looks up. HUNDREDS OF RIDERS HOVER OVER HIM. Then... they begin to fire ENERGY BLASTS. HULK TAKES THEM LIKE HE'S RUNNING THROUGH A LIGHT RAIN. BLOCKING THE STREAM OF STREAKING BLASTS, AS THOUGH SWATTING AT BEES.

(HELICARRIER DECK - DAY)

A lone pilot sits in his cockpit, listening.

WORLD SECURITY COUNCIL #2: DIRECTOR FURY is no longer in command. Override order, 7 ALPHA 11.

PILOT: 7 ALPHA 11, confirmed. Prepare to take off.

He ignites his engine.

(HELICARRIER BRIDGE - DAY)

Back in the bridge, Agent Hill sees on her PILOT preparing to leave.