Chapter Twelve: The Flying Monkeys

(HELICARRIER, SKIES - NIGHT)

The helicarrier flies through the clouds. 

(HALL, CARRIER)

Loki is escorted down the halls by a troop of armed guards. He walks past a window -- the wishbone lab, where Banner is working. Loki smiles through the window at him. Banner removes his glasses and rubs his temples.  

"That's creepy. I'd get the chills if that happened to me." a random Hufflepuff said. " That's fair." their Ravenclaw friends said

(CYLINDRICAL GLASS CAGE, CARRIER) 

Loki is locked in a cylindrical glass cage. Fury walks in and over to a control panel. 

FURY: In case it's unclear, you try to escape- you so much as scratch that  glass

Fury pushes a button and the floor beneath the cell drops away to nothing, the wind screams. 

Thirty thousand feet straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works? He pushes a button and closes the floor. 

He gestures first to Loki.

 Ant. (gestures to panel) Boot. 

LOKI: It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me. 

FURY: Built for something a lot stronger than you. 

LOKI: Oh I've heard. (turns to a camera)...  

(CONFERENCE TABLE, BRIDGE, CARRIER)

On the glass table a monitor is up -- Loki on it, watching it is Natasha. As Loki talks she looks up at Banner. Banner looks at her, smirking about her cage comment earlier. 

"I guess you got caught out mama." Raisa said whilst looking at Nat. The woman then jokingly shushed the girl.

...A mindless beast- makes play he's still a man... 

We see Thor listen intently.

 ...How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you? 

FURY: (V.O) How desperate am I?... 

(CYLINDRICAL GLASS CAGE, CARRIER) 

Fury moves toward the cage slowly.

 ...You threaten my world with war, you steal a force you can't hope to control, you talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did.

LOKI: Ooh. It burns you to have come so close, to have the Tesseract, to have power- unlimited power, and for what? (smiles and faces the camera) A...

(BRIDGE, CARRIER) 

Hill is watching Loki on a screen too. 

...warm light for all mankind to share? 

(CYLINDRICAL GLASS CAGE, CARRIER) 

Loki faces Fury again. 

And then to be reminded what real power is. 

Fury smiles. 

FURY: Well, let me know if 'real power' wants a magazine or something. 

Fury exits.

(CONFERENCE TABLE, BRIDGE, CARRIER)