Chapter Sixteen: Everything Kinda Goes Wrong

(HELICARRIER PORT SIDE - DAY)

IRON MAN laser cuts a big piece of broken metal. He then JUMPS on it, relieving the rotors. On the other side, BARTON'S men enter the port side. CAPTAIN AMERICA looks down, pondering if they are help. Evidently not as they begin SHOOTING at him and throwing grenades. CAPTAIN AMERICA jumps to the other railing and down with Barton's men. He begins to TAKE THEM DOWN, even goes as far as throwing one off. A few more enter, FIRING. CAPTAIN AMERICA grabs a big fuckin' gun and jumps back up to his position, firing down at them.

(HELICARRIER BRIDGE - DAY)

The gunfight has gone down, but more of Barton's men enter and are taken by Fury, who is confused as to why they keep coming.

NICK FURY: They are not getting through here, so what the hell...

Suddenly, Barton LOSES an arrow down to the bridge and EXPLODES critical spots. Barton releases a multi-tipped arrow towards Fury, but instead hits his command desk, right above a USB OUTLETS. Fury FIRES at Barton, but is already gone. The arrow then self- activates and inserts itself into the outlets, hacking every single monitor and main frame. The hacking causes Engine 1 to shut off. Suddenly, the HELICARRIER begins to DANGEROUSLY TILT to one side.

AGENT JASPER SITWELL (O.S.): Sir, we've lost all power in Engine 1.

NICK FURY: It's Barton. He took out our systems. He's headed for the detention level. Does anybody copy?

(LOWER EQUIPMENT ROOM, CARRIER - DAY)

Still shaken by the HULK ordeal, Natasha sits there, rocking back and forth, after crying for a while. Summoning back all her coolness, she touches her EARPIECE.

NATASHA: This is Agent Romanoff. I copy.

(HELICARRIER HALLWAY - DAY)

Raisa is seen walking and stops when she hears Nat over the earpiece, hears her tone of voice and shakes her head.

RAISA: You literally were running from the Hulk like not even 10 minutes ago. Stay there, I'll deal with Clint.

Nat is seen shaking her head as Raisa runs to find Barton

(HELICARRIER PORT SIDE - DAY)

IRON MAN begins to push the rotor using BOOSTERS from his boots.

NICK FURY (V.O.): Stark, we're losing altitude.

IRON MAN: Yeah. Noticed.

The rotors start propelling faster and faster as IRON MAN'S BOOSTERS get more and more bright. On the other side, CAPTAIN AMERICA continuously shoots at Barton's men. Blinking at the wrong moment, CAPTAIN AMERICA loses the upper hand and SLIDES off the railing, but grabs onto a LOOSE CABLE.

 (HELICARRIER DETENTION SECTION - DAY)

Thor runs into the detention section where he finds Loki, escaping.

THOR: NO!

Thor CHARGES at his brother. Loki walks up to him and CROUCHES down to attack. THOR ONLY GOES THROUGH HIM. The false Loki dissipates into nothingness. THE REAL LOKI comes out from behind the cell door, which closes on THOR, locking him up. Loki smiles.

LOKI: Are you ever not going to fall for that?

(LOWER EQUIPMENT ROOM, CARRIER - DAY)