Chapter Three: The Black Widow

(OLD WAREHOUSE, RUSSIA)

A train speeds by. CAMERA PULLS through the warehouse window and MOVES UP to the third floor where NATASHA ROMANOFF aka BLACK WIDOW, is tied to a chair. A man slaps her. She screams

At this sight Raisa grabs a hold of Nat's hand. Whilst knowing she could handle it, Raisa was worried about Nat.

GEORGI LUCHKOV: (in Russian) This isn't how I wanted this evening to go.

NATASHA: (in Russian) I know how you wanted this evening. Believe me this is better.

GEORGI LUCHKOV: (in Russian) Who are you working for? Lermentov, yes?

TALL THUG walks over to Natasha and leans the chair over a pit. She becomes scared.

GEORGI LUCHKOV: (CONT'D) (in Russian) Does he think we have to go through him to move our cargo?

NATASHA: (in Russian) I thought General Solohob is in charge of the export business.

GEORGI LUCHKOV: (in Russian) Solohob. A bagman, a front. Your outdated information betrays you. The famous Black Widow is just another pretty face.

NATASHA: (in Russian) You really think I'm pretty?

"Duh" "definitely" "of course" were some of the answers a lot of people gave. "Of course you are," Raisa told Nat. She just looked down at the girl she thought of as her daughter and gave a small smile at her. None of the Avengers ever saw her like this, only when she was around Raisa. She always seems to make everyone smile, even the coldest of people.

TALL THUG grabs her jaw and forces it open as Luchkov walks to the table behind him.

GEORGI LUCHKOV: (in Russian) Tell Lermentov we don't need him to move the tanks. Tell him he is out. Well... Luchkov picks up a tool of the table and plays with it. ...You may have to write it.

Suddenly a phone rings. WEASELLY THUG answers his phone.

WEASELLY THUG: It's for her.

Luchkov takes the phone.

GEORGI LUCHKOV: (in Russian; into cell) You listen carefully

AGENT COULSON: (V.O) (over the cell) You're at 1- 14 Silensky Plaza, 3rd floor. We have an F-22 exactly eight miles out. Put the woman on the phone or I will blow up the block before you can make the lobby.

All the Avengers look down at the sight of Coulson, none of them saw the knowing glint in one of their members eyes

Luchkov hands the phone to Natasha, who balances it on her shoulder.

(over the cell) We need you to come in.

NATASHA: (into cell) Are you kidding? I'm working.

AGENT COULSON: (over the cell) This takes precedence.

NATASHA: (into cell) I'm in the middle of an interrogation, and this moron is giving me everything.

GEORGI LUCHKOV: (to Tall Thug) I not- give everything.

"He totally is and he's too dumb to realise he's spilling all of the information. He's way too confident even though he knows he is dealing with a widow." Raisa stated confidently. "Rosie, you shouldn't be talking about others like that" Lily said in response.

"What, I'm telling the truth, he was way too confident when dealing with a world famous assassin. I mean, come on." Nat looked proud at Raisa's deduction. Despite getting Raisa out of the red room when she was 9, Nat still trained her to be able defend herself, to be able to pick out anyone suspicious from a large crowd, spot the dangers from a distance away. Raisa was well on her way to becoming unstoppable in a fight even without her magic and the additions of technology Stark gave her.

Natasha gives Luchkov a look. 

(BEGIN INTERCUT: COULSON / NATASHA)

NATASHA: (into cell) Look, you can't pull me out of this right now.

AGENT COULSON: (into cell) Natasha...Barton's been compromised.

NATASHA: (into cell) Let me put you on hold.

Luchkov moves in for the cell phone. Natasha kicks him between the legs and headbutts him. WEASELLY THUG swings his fist at her and she kicks him back. TALL THUG runs up and she spins around -- and the chair legs hit him.

WEASELLY THUG jumps to his feet. Natasha rolls with the chair and drops the legs on his feet. She whips her head at him and hits him in the nose then trips him.

As she fights the TALL THUG, Coulson listens to the fight over the phone. He stands quiet -- waiting as he hears the groaning, kicking, and punching. Natasha spring boards off TALL THUG's back, somersaults, and breaks the chair on WEASELLY THUG. TALL THUG grabs her and Natasha bends his hand then hits him with the chair leg. She does a front dropkick against TALL THUG then pushes herself off the ground with both hands.

She runs toward TALL THUG, who is out of breath, and flips him with her thighs. Luchkov stands and she swiftly walks over to the chain hanging from the ceiling. As he approaches she hits him with it, wraps one leg in it, and throws him into the pit. She leaves him upside down and picks up the cell and her high heels.

"Woah... that was badass! Can you please teach me how to do that?" Ginny said whilst looking excited "Ginny! Watch your language!" Molly shouted, Ginny rolled her eyes in response.

NATASHA: (CONT'D) (into cell) Where's Barton now?

AGENT COULSON: (over cell) We don't know.

NATASHA: But he's alive?

AGENT COULSON: (into phone) We think so.

Coulson is looking at a screen that's playing a video of Hawkeye & Black Widow in Budapest.

We'll brief you on everything when you get back.

Coulson is handed a folder. He walks down some stairs as he talks.

But first, we need you to talk to the big guy.

NATASHA: (into cell) Coulson, you know that Stark trusts me about as far as he can throw me.

"I trust you" Nat gave him an unimpressed look "...now."

AGENT COULSON: Oh I've got Stark! You get the big guy.

(END INTERCUT Natasha stops in her tracks, shocked at what Coulson has just said.)

NATASHA: (in Russian; quietly) My God.

"Sorry Bruce," Nat looked at the man a bit sheepishly, but he shrugged it off. He understood where she was coming from, she didn't know him. She had every right to be on edge around him.