Chapter 29. Naptime

Ruby's POV

My phone rang, and without looking at the caller ID I answered. 

"Hello?"

"Your father should have let you die." A robotic voice spoke to me. I froze looking around my room. I'm alone for once. 

"Your family owes me. Everyone you know is going to suffer. You're going to watch your family die one by one."

"Why are you doing this?" I ask. 

"Didn't hear me. You owe me."

"I didn't do anything to you," I exclaim. 

"Yes, you did! You ruined everything, and know you're gonna pay." The call ends and I can't help but cry. 

All because of some psycho with an insane revenge plan my family is going to die. What the hell does he mean we owe him?

Owe him what? He was the one who cheated on me. He did deserve to get his ass kicked by Riley. Other than that what could he be mad about? 

I don't know how long I spent crying, but once down my eyes are red and I have a headache. 

I get my tears under control and head to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror one more tear rolls down my cheek. I wipe it away and wash my face with some warm water. The water gets rid of the leftover crusty feeling. 

I breathe for a few seconds before going back to my bed. I turn my phone on 'Do not Disturb' and get under the covers for a nap.