Chapter 4. Wake Up

Third Person POV

After waiting for what felt like years the Bertinelli family was finally told of their siblings' conditions 2 hours after Riley woke up.

A new female nurse found William and Jake in Riley's room waiting.

"Mr. Bertinelli. Your two children have been brought out of surgery. Rory is currently recovering and still we ask that you give her a few hours to rest. Someone will either call you or find you when she wakes up or can have visitors. Her surgery went well and she is expected to make a full recovery. Nothing major was damaged but she will.be  on bed rest for the next week or two for her  to heal and after will most likely need some physical therapy to build up the muscles again." The nurse spoke in a cheerful time trying to be mindful of the sleeping girl in the room.

"Your son Blake did have some complications during surgery. He was shot very close to his heart and that made the surgery a bit difficult. The doctors had some trouble stabilizing him jt they were able to do it. He has since been put into a medically induced coma for his body to heal. This is necessary as any amount of stress or cause for his heart rate to increase could put him in danger." She told them a bit more solemnly.

While both William and Jake were happy Rory was okay they were saddened by the news of their youngest son and twin.

"When will he wake up?" William asked.

"The doctors will stop administering the drugs once his healing has started and he is in no immediate danger. From there though the drugs will have to leave his system and his body to wake up on its own. For everyone it's different, some only take a few days, and some need a few weeks. You may go and see him in just a few minutes. Once he wakes up he will require bed rest as well as limited stress or any activity that raises the heart rate. When his condition is clear the doctor will have more information on that."

The nurse after informing them of the rooms. William had texted Milo the conditions of the two to relay back to the rest of the family. William also texted Oliver and asked for an update.

"Jake, why don't you go see Blake for a bit," William told him. Jake only nodded before leaving the room silently.

William stayed with Riley cuddled into him. Twenty minutes later Riley woke up.

"Hey Riley," William said gently, seeing her eyes open.

"Hi. How long have I been asleep?" She asked, sitting up and rubbing her eyes harshly.

"A few hours." William also sat up cracking his back after sitting for hours in the same uncomfortable spot.

"Have you heard anything?" Riley asked, looking hopeful.

"Yes, Blake and Rory are out of surgery. Rory is the doctor who is going to tell us when we can see her."

Riley visibly breathes out relief hearing that her younger sister is okay.

"And Blake?"

"Blakd had a more serious injury; he was put in a medical coma to speed up his recovery but everything went well. Jake is with him now."

"What about Ryan and Ruby?" Riley choked a little talking about her missing sisters.

"Oliver, Jess, and Levi are at the warehouse working on it but none yet." William saw his daughter's shoulders drop.

"Do you know anything about Ashton?" Riley asked quietly after a minute of silence.

"I don't know much but he is out of surgery and Dimitri is with him." Riley Bods is still a little wary after thinking he died. "Do you want me to ask Dimitri how he is doing?" William asked seeing his daughter's face.