Chapter 20. Date Night

Ruby's POV

After we got back from the nail salon I got back to texting Dax. 

Dax: Let me see your nails

Me: Image

Dax: Pretty. Those will look perfect for our date tonight

Me: Date?

Dax: Yeah me and you tonight at 6 pm

Dax: I already made the dinner reservation so you can't back out

Me: I wasn't going to.

Me: Any certain dress code?

Dax: You look beautiful in anything.

Me: Thank you but seriously

Dax: The restaurant is more upscale so dress up a little bit but not too fancy

Me: Got it see 2nite

Dax: See you

I smile at my phone before looking at the time. I have only three hours to get ready. It took a long time to get our nails done. 

I look around my closet for an outfit. I decide a dress would be the perfect thing. 

I can't decide on bold or subtle colors. I take out my two contenders. A black dress with bell sleeves, and a square neckline. It has a small slit in the hem but is overall simple. 

The other is a blush pink satin dress with off-shoulder sleeves that flares at the bottom versus the skin-tight black one. I hold both of them up to me in the mirror still not deciding. 

I walk out and go to Riley's room, she doesn't have the best fashion choices but she is honest. 

"Which is one better for dinner?" I walk into her room not bothering to knock or explain. She's on the phone but she tells them to wait for a second. 

"Why?" 

"Because I can't decide between pink or black. Black is more classy for dinner but pink is more my style you know." I look between the dresses while making my point. 

"I like the black one. You could do gold and diamonds or pearls. Besides your makeup can be a bit more without being overbearing." 

"Finally you say something I agree with." I smile at her seeing the gare on her face. 

"Get out."

"Will do." I walk out of her room and back into mine. I took a shower this morning before the nail salon so I don't want to take one now. 

I get dressed in the black dress following Riley's advice in wearing pearls. I put on a pearl necklace that Grandma gave me on my birthday. Our gifts were given to us after our party. 

I put on a pearl ring that matched the necklace. I put my hair up into a bun feeling a very old-money vibe. I put on black strappy heels. I do a light smoky eye. 

By the time I'm done, I have about an hour until Dax gets here, so I chill out on my phone waiting. 

Dax texts me that he's on his way, I texted him my address a bit ago. 

I go down to the security guards at the gate and tell them I have someone coming over so let them in. 

I wait in the living room near the door not wanting someone else someone to open the door. 

Dax knocks on the door so I run to get it open. I push him out of the doorway and slam it shut behind me. 

"Wow, hi."