Chapter 7

Waters near Jin-Hark, August 12, 8:00 AM

 After surviving an air attack and an inspection by an unknown but advanced nation the crew of the merchant ship La Casima had almost seen it all and since they were not allowed to go to their home port they were in the middle of the American fleet, which if we were to tell the truth they didn't mind since they were much safer here than on the open sea alone at the mercy of pirates.

 The only soldier on board was the technical officer Myrus Leclerc sent to help the geologists in their search for hydrocarbons. He was on the edge of the ship smoking a well-deserved cigarette when he was joined by the third officer who had just finished his watch, "How are you Myrus?"

 Myrus after blowing smoke out of his mouth I start to speak,  "It's not bad, but I was hoping not to suffer any more air attacks after the great war"

 The third officer retorts,  "Who expected there to be planes outside the 2nd civilization"

 Myrus remembering the scene noticed something, "I want to ask you something, when the attack happened did you see the airplane propellers?"

 The third officer replied, "Now that you point it out, I didn't see them, I'll go and look at the magic radar."

 After a few minutes he returns with a line of paper yelling, "Come and see!"

 Myrus came to watch and was shocked, "But this is the time of the attack so why isn't there a spike in magic that wasn't done by another mechanical nation?!"

 At the moment he said these words an A4D passes near the freighter

 An even more shocked Myrus says, "But that's a Jet!"

 The third officer ran back into the radar room and saw that there had been no magic spike as he went down again and said, "We've found the first nation other than us that can fly planes without magic!"

Command bridge of the BB-55

 Rear Admiral Henry Crommelin lowered his binoculars from his eyes and said, "Those two seem to have seen a ghost."

 Captain Frank E. Sellers replied, "I would be scared too if a Jet passed twenty yards away."

 Lieutenant Commander Joe Hunt enters with news from Washington, "Admiral they say a diplomat is on his way"

 Intrigued, the Admiral replies, "Do you know when it will arrive?"

 The Lieutenant Commander looked at the paper and gave them the answer, "He will arrive around 1:00 PM, they say he will start diplomatic talk with the sailors from Mu"

Louria Mountains, Quilia Front, August 12, 8:32 AM

 The sound of automatic weapons filled the valley, probably Louria's remaining soldiers tried to set up an ambush and it seems it didn't go well

 The line of soldiers of the 10th Mountain Division passes a mountain fort that had probably been destroyed by ADs or B-26s, the mountain is full of human bodies or body parts  both burned and unburned

 The advance, however, is slow given that the terrain is very difficult, but the situation is different on the Qua-Toyne Front where in a few hours the 3rd Armored Division has advanced 60 km in some areas

 Clashes with Luoria's army units in that area are sparse as the air force did an exceptional job in destroying Luoria's backbone in this area

 The American general staff has calculated that in 2 weeks the entirety of Louria will be under the control of the coalition, the only problem is Jin-Hark which even without a military Hierarchy remains very well defended so it was decided to besiege it both to lose fewer personnel and to show Mu who the true Superpower of this new world was

In the grand scheme of things, the United States of America is almost unknown given that there have been few diplomatic interactions, but after the war with Louria the State Department had prepared together with the Navy the business card of the United States in the Superpowers with the operation Great White Fleet, which was certainly enhanced due to the unexpected encounter with the merchant ship of Mu but instead of a problem it became a great opportunity to accompany the merchant ship towards the naval base of Mu with a "Fleet to defend it from the Pirates"

Waters near Jin-Hark, August 12, 3:53 PM

 From a small boat a person is made to board the BB-55 it was the diplomat John Hay Whitney who arrived from Qua-Toyne in a hurry

 Lieutenant Robert L. McElory holds out a hand and helps him onto the deck of the ship, "Sir, the Admiral is waiting for you."

 John Hay Whitney understanding why said, "He has to complain to the Navy Air Service, I couldn't do anything about it."

The two then arrive in the ship's meeting room where they are greeted by the admiral, "Ambassador, thank you Lieutenant but you should go now we are talking about things above your security level"

 After the Lieutenant leaves the ambassador begins, "Then we know that Mu is the second Superpower after HME in this world and we also know that there was a war between the two a few years ago that ended in a bloody draw."

 The Admiral then said, "From their technology it appears they don't have atomic bombs."

 The ambassador then interrupted, "From what I understand their fleet in this area is limited to the use of coal as fuel since there is not much oil in the surrounding areas under their sphere of influence."

The admiral said, "Ah so we can't see their true technological strength yet."

 Ambassador finished the discussion, "I have to rest before the meeting with Mu, I haven't had an hour of sleep since yesterday, I think we will have to postpone the meeting until tomorrow"

In the merchant ship of Mu while the technical officer Myrus Leclerc and the third officer were doing an evaluation of the fleet they were in the middle of

 Myrus looking through binoculars and pointing at the ships,  "Those battleships have at least 400mm, and that light cruiser has at least 120mm they look the same as that Destroyer"

 The third officer was looking through his binoculars at those light cruisers, "What are those two turrets with those ends there?"

 Myrus now looking carefully at the light cruiser I come up with a theory, "Are they not depth charges?"

 The third officer counters, "But it's strange that they are so high up."

 Myrus picked up his notebook and said, "Another mystery to add to the list."

Myrus then thought about it and replied, "Maybe it's made to attack submarines without having to be on top?"

The third officer replied, "Probably,  but they would have to use a rocket, which from what I hear are not that accurate"

Myrus answered him after thinking about it,  "They seem to have better technology than us, they probably found a way to stabilize the rockets since they also have jets"

The third officer looked at his watch and said, "My shift has started, I have to go."

 The Day continued without problems at sea, while on land the coalition forces began the pincer attack on Jin-Hark which will end in a week so as to avoid too many civilian losses

 Coalition losses

 Deaths: 59

 Injured: 1017

 Louria losses

 Deaths: 10,000 (approximate)

 Injured: 5000 (approximate)

 Civilian deaths:1000 (approximate)