three

──── GUTS
↳❝ isn't love just fucking embarrassing? ❞

ISABEL TIREDLY SAT in the large seating area in the quad at the uni as Mindy holds court

ISABEL TIREDLY SAT in the large seating area in the quad at the uni as Mindy holds court. Apart from Isabel basically being half-awake, the rest of the group was watching Mindy's little speech.

"Okay, nerds. Listen up! As terrifying as this all is, I'm actually glad I get a chance to redeem myself for not calling the killers last time. And also, Happy Birthday to the Crazy Twins!" Mindy says causing Isabel to snap out of her sleepy daze and smile in response.

"The way I see it, someone's out to make a sequel to the requel." Mindy states. "Umh, what's a requel?" Anika asks and the whole group sighs.

"You're beautiful, sweetie, but let's hold questions to the end." Mindy retorts causing her girlfriend to frown. Isabel just sighs at this point, not really understanding the point of this meeting because it wasn't like people cared about the friend group as much as they cared about her.

"Hey, you good?" Ethan whispers to her, as she is sat by his side. She gives him a small smile before nodding. He then subtly takes her hand and holds it for comfort, she could tell he was nervous but she didn't want to point it out. Isabel was trying to keep it together for the rest of Mindy's lecture.

"That's one possibility. Heroes now in college? Check. Suspicious new characters brought in to round out the suspect list and/or body count? Check, check, and check." Minday says as she glances over to Anika, Quinn and Ethan.

"I don't like this." Ethan recacts beside Isabel.

"The killer is trying to make everything bigger and better. Longer and even more suspenseful, throw in a little beheadings just to spice it up. Their not here just to make a crap sequel, their here to make it seem as if what came before never happened. They want to be the best." Mindy finishes and in Isabel's head she's hearing 'Yeah right, like try topping the originals'.

"Beheadings?" Chad asked as he was taking the notes of the meeting. "That's not even the worst part." Mindy trails.

"Uh, this is the part where she tells us the worst part." Chad adds causing Isa and Tara to roll their eyes. I mean he's pretty, but there ain't alot going on in that brain of his sometimes.

"No one is safe, not even the friend group. Legacy characters are bound to get hurt, no doubt. But they aren't the main course, they're just getting killed of for cheap-nostalgia. Now that we're in a franchise main characters are completely expendable. Because they all die so their franchise can live on, so it's not looking good for Isa, Sam and Tara." Mindy finishes and we all nod our heads in understanding. Well not all of us.