five

───GUTS
↳❝ chapter five. what if i don't? ❞

SAM AND ISABEL stand at the edge of the building watching the coroner zip Anika into a body bag

SAM AND ISABEL stand at the edge of the building watching the coroner zip Anika into a body bag. Sam the stares at Isabel intently who was still staring at the scene infront of her. Sam then runs her hand along the scar on Isabel's forehead caused by the impact of her head hitting the vanity.

"I thought you were dead." Sam tells her sister, who let's out a sigh before replying.

"Yeah, me too." Isabel replies and Sam still continues to stare at Isabel for a while before Danny approaches them, he looked like a mix between worried and traumatized.

"Are you okay?" Danny asked Sam, and Isabel took that as her que to walk away. Sam still watching her closely.

"No. I’m really not." She looks up at him, her eyes teary.

"You should stay away from me." She told him.

"What if I don’t want to?"

"Then you’re probably going to die. That’s what happens to people around me. Around us." She says looking at her sister who was making her way to the ambulance. She wipes a tear away, looking toward Anika’s bodybag.

"This isn’t your fault." Danny tries to comfort her.

"Actually, it kind of is." She says as she looks at her friends, scattered among the emergency vehicles.

'Someone took the knives. In our kitchen. Someone removed all the knives before we were attacked so we couldn’t fight back. The worst part is...I think it was Isabel." Sam admits looking down into her hands.

"Why would you think it was her?" Danny asks her.

"Because Isabel went into the kitchen as soon as the banging started and left when I went to get a knife, and suddenly they were all gone. And I don't know...that Ghostface in there. Something was off. Isabel should be dead. She should've died but she didn't. He let her live. Why?" Sam explained.

"I think you should trust Isabel on this one, atleast give her the benefit of the doubt." Danny said and Sam shook her head.

"I can't trust anyone. Not right now anyways." She replied.

Meanwhile, Isabel was making her way to the ambulance as Ethan comes walking up the street with his backpack and a small gift bag in hand, staring at the commotion. Isabel then stops in her tracks and turns around to head to Ethan but before she can get to him, Chad hops off the back of the ambulance and slams him up against the wall.

"Where were you?" Chad yells, still holding him up against the wall. That's when Isabel intercepted.

"Hey, Meeks! Let go of him." Isabel says but Chad doesn't listen.