The Start of the Rest of our Lives

BAKUGO'S POV

After looking around my office, I was finally satisfied with the result. Everything had been returned to its original place. In fact, there were a few new things in the mix. A Polaroid photo of Midoriya was taped to the top left of my monitor, while our photo strip from a photo booth we used on vacation was taped to the bottom right.

The blinds were open for the first time in years. Well, while I was in here, anyway. When I came back a few times to grab something, they were open. I assume Aizawa opened them to make the room look less depressing when my replacement was here. I slipped my phone from my pocket and texted Izuku to see if he was done setting up his office. We heard back from two apartments today, saying we got approved. We wanted to look at them one more time before making a decision.

Overall, it's been a great day. We found out that we were finally done with cold cases, found out we were getting an apartment we applied for, I finally got to fuck him on the couch in the basement, and he agreed to marry me.

I glanced down at the silver band on my finger. It still felt surreal, like it was part of a costume. I smiled to myself like an idiot as my phone buzzed in my hand.

Freckles- I'm done, but my team caught me when I was leaving. I told them I'd join them for drinks tonight to celebrate, but I had somewhere to be now.

Me- Wait, I thought we were celebrating tonight?

I had plans to fuck him in at least three different spots tonight. He can't be serious about going out for drinks later.

Freckles- I'm getting in my car now to come to pick you up. We can talk about it on the way there.

I slid my phone into my pocket with a groan. It was almost the perfect day.

While waiting for him, I cleaned up my trash and took it to the dumpster outback. By the time I finished that, he was pulling into the parking lot. Since I had my phone, keys, and wallet in my pocket, I didn't need to run upstairs again.

I hopped into his car with a frown.

"Come on, don't pout," he chuckled while putting the car in drive. "And put your seatbelt on."

I grabbed my belt and fastened it. "I thought we would spend the rest of our day naked."

With one hand on the steering wheel, he reached over and grabbed my hand. "We're going out for two or three drinks since we have to work tomorrow. Shinso said he's inviting Kaminari and the rest of your team, and I'm supposed to drag you there with me."

"Did you tell them?" I asked. We already decided we weren't going to hide anything. I just need to know if I will be bombarded when we see them later. As much as I don't want to go, I won't keep him from going. If I go with him, at least I can try to get him out of the bar at a decent hour.

"When Shinso asked about the ring on my finger, it was hard not to. I almost didn't make it out of there alive. I was positive Uraraka would tackle me and demand details for a minute there."

"Why didn't she?" I asked.

He frowned. "Her leg still isn't feeling great. She's only allowed light work right now. So, be prepared for your team to know, too. I told them we had someplace to be and would meet them at nine for an hour or so."

"Why so late?"

"Because I figured it would be enough time to get our paperwork signed for the new place and maybe have a little celebration of our own before going there."

"And then we can celebrate more when we get back?" I asked with a smirk.

He shook his head in amusement. "Yeah, then we can celebrate some more when we get home. Although, I don't know if you're still going to have the energy."