The Missing Girl, Final

BAKUGO'S POV

"Kaminari, Todoroki, and Ashido are in position," Midoriya said quietly. "Shinso is in the van, ready to go. Uraraka and Iida are already inside."

I don't like the fact that the two of them were the ones to go inside. If something goes wrong, they will do everything to save each other. There's a reason why couples aren't supposed to work together. You should be focused on your job, not your partner.

"Where's Kirishima and Sero?" Midoriya asked.

"They're around back to capture anyone who tries to run. We've got back up a block away in every direction," I replied. I'd never done anything like this before, so Midoriya mainly planned everything, and I was just making sure it would go as smoothly as possible.

"Uraraka, we're good to go when you are," Midoriya said into the earpiece snuggled in his right ear.

"I'm going down to the basement now. Tenya is upstairs talking to someone trying to convince him to buy a young girl," she mumbled in reply.

"I'm going to the van with Shinso," Midoriya said to me. "I want to keep an eye on Iida through his body cam. Are you okay to stay here and keep an eye on the front of the building?"

I nodded. I didn't want to be near him right now anyway. I want to focus on this, not him. He can take care of himself, and I know if he sticks around, he's going to pull all my attention.

"I'll be fine. Be careful, okay?" He looked around to make sure nobody was around before sliding his hand in mine and giving me a reassuring squeeze.

"You be careful too, okay?" He was going to be in a van two blocks away. He had one of the safer parts in this plan. I, however, was sitting across the street from the house the trafficking ring was in. If they suspected me at all, I wouldn't be too hard to kill.

"I'm heading to the van now. Uraraka, are you in the basement yet?"

"Two men are guarding the door. I don't know how to get in." Them having a party didn't lower their security, that's for damn sure.

"Iida, how are you coming along?" Midoriya asked through the headsets.

"So you're telling me that there are over forty girls I get to pick from? What do their ages range from? I prefer something... a little on the younger side."

Iida could be an actor with how convincing he was. It was almost terrifying.

"One of the guys just went into the basement to grab a girl. Should we try to get them out one at a time as they're brought up from the basement?" Uraraka asked quietly.

"Not yet. We're listening to Iida's wire, and the girl they're bringing up is for him. Iida, you have the cash, right?"

Silence.

"We got it from evidence earlier, so has it," Todoroki replied. "I've got sights on him now. Everything is going smoothly so far."

"Kaminari, how are you doing?" I asked.

Again, silence.

"Kaminari?" I set my newspaper down and cautiously scanned the front of the house. Nobody was outside, and there hadn't been any gunshots. He should be responding.

"He might need backup. Patching his audio through now," Shinso said in a panicked tone.

"I'm pretty sure you're the one that's usually with him. He's a detective, police officer, whatever. Purple hair, looks like he wants to end his life. I'm pretty sure I've seen you with him." A rough voice said.