Chapter 16- Drop the Act

"I don't even know why you still bother going to this! Isn't it pretty awkward?" Anna asked.

I shrugged, "I have Evan" I said.

We were on our way to a newspaper meeting. I had missed a couple meetings recently and Mr.Fells had brought it to my attention after class one day that if I still was interested in being in the club, I needed to make more of an effort to be there. And despite the fact that Mia had been appointed Captain, I still wanted to be there. I needed more than anything some good extracurricular activities to put on my college applications, and newspaper committee was one of few things I actually did.

Anna smiled discretely and coughed lightly, "Are they accepting new members? My mom told me I needed to put more effort into school" Anna said.

I raised an eyebrow at her as we reached Mr.Fells room , "We all know you could care less about joining this club for academic purposes" I said, laughing , "But yes, they probably are accepting members, and I know Evan would love to have you there" I told her.

"You really think?" Anna asked giddily.

I looked at her questionably, a smirk on my face. She still hadn't outright told me she liked Evan, but over the past week, basically ever since my confrontation with Colton, she had been mentioning Evan's name left and right.

Anna looked at me and cocked her head, "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" she asked innocently.

I shook my head at her, "it's ok if you like Evan. It's pretty obvious" I said reassuringly.

"Are you serious? Is it really that obvious?" Anna asked nervously.

I sat down toward the back of the classroom, as Anna sat down in the seat beside me. We were early, and the only people there were Mr.Fells and Mia.

I shrugged softly, "kind of, but guys are so oblivious that there is no way Evan could ever know without you telling him" I laughed slightly.

Anna sighed in relief, "good, because if he still has something for Mia, I don't want to make things awkward. He's one of my best friends, aside from you, and I really can't afford to lose any friends right now" she said.

I nodded and pretended to zip my lips, "My lips are sealed" I said, "As long as you don't pull any more 'Folton' stunts" I laughed.

Anna hung her head, "hey, I thought it would be a good idea- I'm sorry!" she said, throwing her hands up in the air.

The day after I had talked to Colton in the car, Anna had tried asking Colton about 'when he was going to break up with Becca' and 'when he was going to become my friend again'.

Again, like every other time Anna tried taking a step further in 'Operation Folton', I knew she was just trying to help, but right now it was something Colton needed to figure out. I had shed light on the situation and exposed Becca for who she really was- so now it was Colton's turn to make a decision on what he was going to take out of everything had had been exchanged during the car ride.

"But fine" Anna continued, "I guess I can tone it down a little" she said.

I smiled, "good, then Evan will never know until you're ready." I said.

As if on cue, Evan walked into the classroom and Anna looked over at me, "I love how he can pull off the cute geeky look" she said softly as Evan walked over.

I rolled my eyes, "hey Evan" I said as he sat down behind me.

"Hey Finn" he said, "hey Anna" he continued, a smile spreading across his face.