Chapter 18

And just like, Daffy's loneliness had become his everyday nightmare.

Constantly dreaming about the what-ifs that are playing in his head.

What if he had never took that stupid deal in the first place?

What if he was never offered that new show promotion?

Would things have gotten better between them?

Maybe they could have spent longer time together and gave each other more and more chances to say the right words.

Maybe even keep their relationship hidden, if they needed to.

Or was this fate simply playing tricks on him?

Leading him on to a possible form of happiness that wasn't in the cards.

With Porky as his only friend.

Despite the fact that he was just too nice for anyone's good.

Seeing how a lot of the cast never really like him or gave him the benefit of the doubt to be his friend.

But even he couldn't replace or mend the large wound that was aching in Daffy's heart.

He needed to get away from work and clear his mind.

Just for a small bit, if he could.

So he took the weekend off and traveled a little further into California until he had reached a town near the region of San Francisco called Benicia.

Which was a small waterside area full of little small shops and good section of bay water around.

Once Daffy found a place to park, he then pulled over and got out of his car, taking in deep breaths as he allow the wind to breeze in across his face.

With the soft rushes of the cold to help unwind and relax his mind.

After a while, he decided to look around the city and check out a coffee shop nearby called
The Java Point Cafe.

Inside, the place was of a brown rustic scenery filled with families and friends who have gathered around in their own little small worlds.

Almost like a Starbucks, but much more cozier.

As Daffy walked up to the front of the line and sighed.

Thinking to himself, why couldn't he have lived here, instead.

The city was so much nicer and more peaceful than the busy life of LA that he was currently living in.

But the answer to that question would remain to be simply because this was just a vacation.

Where nobody really knows you.

Because sooner or later reality would hit him once again.

And he'll have to face working in the real world.

Although that would be a nice thought in mind if he were to ever quit his acting job and move away from LA.

"Hi there. What can I get for you today?" The cashier lady greeted at the front.

"I just need one large latte please with extra chocolate syrup and 4 creams inside." Daffy spoke in a soft mumble while grabbing his billfold to pay.

"Okay then. That'll be a total of 6 dollars and 35 cents. Would you like to donate 2 dollars or more to the local children's orphanage today?" The lady asked in a tone that was more of a daily jargon talk for the usual customer service part of her work while Daffy on the other hand, started to smile a little by a familiar memory from this small gesture, growing up.